Is My Car Ok?

Guest bonscottinparis

Guest bonscottinparis

Had my caravan written off last week.

I have an 05 reg Mondeo Tdci, LX, 130. I have just put a deposit down on an Abbey Freestyle 520L year 2003. From memory, the max laden weight is around 1340kg. I am hoping not to put too much in it to get to the max laden weight.

My other caravan only weighed 1000kg fully laden. Will the above be a safe match? The dealer said it came out at about 90% match.

I have been towing for two years.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks. :D:rolleyes:

Had my caravan written off last week.

I have an 05 reg Mondeo Tdci, LX, 130. I have just put a deposit down on an Abbey Freestyle 520L year 2003. From memory, the max laden weight is around 1340kg. I am hoping not to put too much in it to get to the max laden weight.

My other caravan only weighed 1000kg fully laden. Will the above be a safe match? The dealer said it came out at about 90% match.

I have been towing for two years.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks. :D:rolleyes:

Forgot to say, I think the unladen weight is around 1150kg. The max towing limit for my car is 1800kg but obviously I wouldn't tow anything like that. :rolleyes:

I'm so glad you asked this question as I have just sorted through all my caravanning mags, brochures etc and thrown all the out of date ones away!

We tow 1202kg unladen, max 1422kg (don't think we carry that much!), plus 3 bikes on the roof quite comfortably.

I think you will be fine, we are pleased with ours. Be careful when reversing with the 'van on the back, the clutch isn't very tolerant.

Guest bonscottinparis

I'm so glad you asked this question as I have just sorted through all my caravanning mags, brochures etc and thrown all the out of date ones away!

We tow 1202kg unladen, max 1422kg (don't think we carry that much!), plus 3 bikes on the roof quite comfortably.

I think you will be fine, we are pleased with ours. Be careful when reversing with the 'van on the back, the clutch isn't very tolerant.

Rizzo

Thanks so much for your reply. I was getting a bit worried!! I do the towing, husband has to do the reversing into tight spaces, so I'll pass your comment onto him regarding the clutch!

Thanks again.

John

Thanks for your reply too. I'll have a look tomorrow, going off line now as I have been on the internet most of the day buying NEW items for the caravan!!

Thanks again.

Used to tow my 1452kg van with a couple of 130TDCI Mondeo estates at about 92% match.

You will have no problems what so ever with power. 330NM of torque at 1850rpm - and thats a lot!

Never had a moment towing mine where I needed extra grunt - although on some occasions I had a little too much wheelspin!.

HTH - Gaz

Guest bonscottinparis

Used to tow my 1452kg van with a couple of 130TDCI Mondeo estates at about 92% match.

You will have no problems what so ever with power. 330NM of torque at 1850rpm - and thats a lot!

Never had a moment towing mine where I needed extra grunt - although on some occasions I had a little too much wheelspin!.

HTH - Gaz

Thanks Gaz

Don't go there wheel spin!! Went away for Easter with my daughter (no husband yippee!). My outfit had to be towed across the field by a Disco due to wheel spin. Tried the usual stuff, turn wheel slightly etc. Thank god for 4X4's.

Bon