L E D Lighting In 2007 Adora

adora

My van is fitted throughout with LED lighting including the awning light ( with the exception of two front dining area lights which are tungsten) and I'm wondering if the LED lighting fitted to my van is standard?

My daughter owned the van for a season before she gave it me last year and I know she didn't do any lighting mods so if it's not standard, then the LED lights must have been fitted by the original owner and I'd like to know so that I can source replacements should they fail.

Can anyone tell me if a 2007 Adora came fitted with LED lighting?

Tony

LED bulbs are quick and simple to change but rope lighting is not so easy. The tungsten lights you have could be changed to LED by changing the bulbs but I would of thought these are 240v it will not save any battery power.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

LED bulbs are quick and simple to change but rope lighting is not so easy. The tungsten lights you have could be changed to LED by changing the bulbs but I would of thought these are 240v it will not save any battery power.

Dave

Dave

To be perfectly honest Dave, I might change the LED's back to standard lighting if it's possible as I don't particularly like the output from the LED lighting ( except in the washroom).

The very 'white' high CT lighting is not very efficient for reading - far too weak! We don't need to worry about a drain on the battery as we are sited and always have EHU.

I've never checked but I suspect that the two interior front locker lights in question are 12 volt and not 240 but I could be mistaken. They make it better for reading even though the CT is warmer but because the TV is sat on the front cabinet, we tend to sit facing the front and the other lights above where we sit are LED and make it far more difficult to read in between watching TV.

That I have resolved to solve and my first job this season by installing two extra tungsten 12 volt spot lights over where we sit but the overhead lights throughout the van are awful with regard to output, particularly over the rear area which we have set up as a 'fixed' bedroom. A couple of extra spots are definitely the order of the day for that area too.

However, I love the van and the lighting is the only fault I can find with it, so I don't think it's worth losing any sleep over and not something that can't be altered or modified relatively cheaply!

With regards to output, check the wattage. Our adria is a 2010/11 model (mental block, can't remember which) and most lights are not led though I am changing them.

I find leds easily bright enough and the warm white ones are fine for living areas.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

My 2009 Fleetwood (killed off by Adria) has factory fitted LED lighting throughout.

Land Rover is now back towing.

I strongly suspect that the lighting on my Adora was changed to LED by the first owner of the van as I doubt it was available on 2007 models.

Most people these days seem to be changing to LED lighting not going the other way like me but I just don't like the CT or the lighting it gives and tungsten lighting just makes the van feel that bit more cosy too. ..each to their own I suppose and I guess if you're a caravaner who doesn't use EHU's then LED lighting is a must!

Thanks guys.

Leds are great at saving power and come in various brightness, the old bead type were poor compared to the surface mounted type.

Warm white is better for background lighting while the cool light is prefered for reading, however the cool LED reading lights can be a problem for those who have Irlen Syndrome, often worse than computer screens

These square leds and can be too bright, trying before buying can be helpful. 6led1_2.jpg

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Getting the right shade of colour can be the hard bit.

We are gradually replacing all the high use lights at home with various LED's and technology does move on. We have a mixture of traditional bulb shapes, GU10's, MR16, ED candles and all sorts and they do vary in light output

Some of best ones have been warm white dimmable 40 to 60W equivalent dimable traditional bulbs in our lounge that are only 7W and have long warranty and trial period when you buy

As also said if you are on EHU all time no real point in replacing

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I changed most of mine but if on EHU there is very little point. I have to say though the traditional bulbs were very hot in the bunk lamps as the LED's run far cooler they were far safer for the kids. The same applied for the metal reading lights in the lounge area.

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift

• 2 weeks later...

I have done a mod installing continuous warm white led's under the three sides of lockers over the main sitting area. The light is a nice cosy warm, and operated by a remote control so that I can have bright/dim as necessary.

Another great success is a 600mm strip fitted concealed and angled below the door that gives a warm pool of light where the step is to the door when dark. ..great for spring/autumn and trips to the loo block at night.

LED strips do offer wonderful solutions now - sounds good GG

Bought a cheapish strip kit from Ikea a while back used under sons cabin bed at home and was surprised at how good the light actually is

Fitting led strip lighting was going to be my next project but then I sold the van. I had already bought the parts and had placed them in situ I and tried the lighting for the effect etc. .. I never actually fitted them but they did give off a lovely light. It followed the curtain track right round the whole van. The effect was very pleasing to the eye. A nice warm white glow and because it was hidden there was no glaring lights visible. It was operated by remote control that allowed it to dim. The whole kit only cost around £15 inc 5m of flexible strip lighting. I intended to cut the strips where light was not required and solder interconnecting wire to join each strip together. These strip lights are 12v so no problem with voltage

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift

Fitting led strip lighting was going to be my next project but then I sold the van. I had already bought the parts and had placed them in situ I and tried the lighting for the effect etc. .. I never actually fitted them but they did give off a lovely light. It followed the curtain track right round the whole van. The effect was very pleasing to the eye. A nice warm white glow and because it was hidden there was no glaring lights visible. It was operated by remote control that allowed it to dim. The whole kit only cost around £15 inc 5m of flexible strip lighting. I intended to cut the strips where light was not required and solder interconnecting wire to join each strip together. These strip lights are 12v so no problem with voltage

Where did you get all the kit from Wizzo, that sounds very reasonable. Never done anything like that personally on a "self build" but would have a go as the effect must be very nice

The strip light was similar to this

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/5M-Led-Strip-12V-Waterproof-red-white-blue-green-purple-yellow-IP65-300SMD-DIY-/261079396024?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Night_Lights_Fairy_Lights&var=560214474095&hash=item3cc98b6eb8

and the remote dimmer

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/RF-Mini-Wireless-Remote-Controller-For-Single-Colour-LED-Strip-3528-5050-/371005927322?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Lighting_Parts&var=&hash=item5661ad2f9a

you also need some interconnnecting wire such as

http://www. ebay. co. uk/itm/Twin-Core-3A-3-Amp-12V-Black-Red-DC-Power-Cable-per-5m-

/290714263009?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item43afeb9de1

you will need a soldering iron and solder

you can cut the strip light to any length (it has to a certain number of leds on each piece but instructions will come with the strip) and connect each piece using the connecting wire)

Edited by wizzo

Cheers a project for the summer!

Yes it needs to be warm and bone dry for the led strip to stick properly. . It may be wise to clean and then dry with a hair dryer to get a good bond