Help In Identifying Some Awning Poles

BryanH

Ok. I know this is not going to be easy.

I took delivery of our caravan last week (a 2006 Bailey Senator) and it came with all sorts of extras including a very nice awning.

However, it also came with a set of very small aluminum poles stored in a bag labelled Pyramid Products Ltd.

The poles consist of 13 (yes, 13!!) poles about 60cm long which have a black collar at one end. It then has another 5 poles which are the same length but consists of two poles one inside the other.

I cannot find any cover/material which could go along with these poles, and they do not seem strong enough to hold anything together. It is possible that something could be in with the awning as I've not had chance to open this up as yet.

Based on that vague description, does anyone have any clue what they could be :)

Sounds like my porch awning, but mines a sunncamp ultima 260. It has about 13 poles that go in some verticals, and i've got a few other steel poles which are a storm brace for the roof, but some also have some poles that go up by the van for extra support.

We were given Pyramid poles as part of the deal when we bought a Kampa Rally pro 390: they are extra to the ones belonging to the awning and are for the roof. Storm or monsoon poles or summat like that.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

All most certainly curtain poles. You will find tabs at the top corners of the awning windows that the black ferrule fit into. Use the telescopic idea to fit across different window widths. A good system until you step on them by accident. Which I did and kinked a couple. Trio awnings for one used this system. As did a number of others.

Kia KX 3 auto / Bailey Alicanto Grande Estoril and Swift Challenger 570 (2010 model Not towed - used as a static)

I suggest you pop them back in the bag, when you go away take them all with, erect your awning then stand at the front of your van, spare poles in hand and look bemused, sure enough someone will come along, try to help you out and then most probably there will be 2 of you looking bemused.

I once sold a frame tent to my mate and I popped a couple of poles from another tent in the bag, texts were flying left right & centre until I finally put him out of his misery.