Warped Windows - Anyone Had The New Modification Yet ?

treebs

Hi, Like many others I have been waiting since July to have the warped front windows sorted on my 2013 Clubman. Just before Christmas I received a letter from Lunar explaining a solution had been found and that I would be contacted by the dealer but have heard nothing yet. My mate wanted his doing before he goes abroad in a couple of weeks time, but the dealer hasn't got the parts. I've just booked mine in for its first service for the end of March and the dealer has told me they haven't got the parts but that they hope they will have by then. Has anyone actually had the modification done yet and if ANYONE FROM LUNAR READS THIS - WHY THE DELAY PLEASE ?

Yep, we had ours done in December 2013 at Lunar's factory but only after we pestered them because we couldn't sell the caravan with warped windows.

The 'van came back within a week of Lunar collecting it and by the time it got back from Preston some 200 miles away, the front corners of the in-fill strip had already lifted due to poor adhesive and workmanship.

Lunar wanted the 'van back again (another 400 mile round trip) but we stuck the corners back down with strong double sided tape. Then we part exchanged the 'van and the Santa Fe tug for a MH.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Hi

We are waiting for the replacement windows to arrive, they were supposed to arrive a couple of weeks ago but no joy so far! Our dealer has contacted Lunar and they have said they will be on Wednesday delivery so watch this space!!If they have not arrived as stated I will be contacting Lunar yet again. Will let you know tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Ours arrived at the dealers last week and will be fitted mid March - sorry to hear that others are still waiting . . . although I was told that they were still waiting for more to be sent - perhaps different vans need different sizes and they are produced in batches ??

As suspected no windows !! Dealer has been told run out of windows and no date given for new supply.

What can be done about it? I am going to the NEC so I hope the Lunar management are ready with some answers, as of course they will not speak to you over the phone.

As suspected no windows !! Dealer has been told run out of windows and no date given for new supply.

What can be done about it? I am going to the NEC so I hope the Lunar management are ready with some answers, as of course they will not speak to you over the phone.

PM sent ;)

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Thanks for your replies. Doesn't sound very promising. If there are any more developments I'd appreciate an update.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I'm having my new windows fitted on April 3rd (hopefully!!)

My dealer says if I can get it to them by 9am it should be ready by 4pm, but depends on how well the glue sticks, but I might have to leave it overnight, making it a double trip.

Lunar says the job only takes 2 hours!!!

Has anyone had any experience of this??

My Delta RS is booked in for a service next week and my windows are being done then (as well as other warranty work) :)

Edited by AndyD

Volvo XC90 2. 4 D5 Executive towing 2013 Lunar Delta RS

My Clubman goes on Saturday - as I'm not able to get back until the following week, they're going to keep it until next weekend and do other work that's also needed under the warranty - new front locker door as the other is a bit warped and has a large gap and also replace damaged drawers in lounge.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We've had numerous problems with our Lunar Clubman SB far too many to mention here.

My wife is on the phone this minute talking to Lunar about our NEW windows that were fitted just before Christmas due to marks showing between the laminations and also the windows being discoloured. We were getting the van ready for the Easter break yesterday and I noticed the middle front window was "S" shaped, on further inspection I noticed the other front windows are on their way as well.

Just one small thing I would like to point out to everybody and that is check under the rubber window seals where they bend around the corner. The mastic sealant was missing on ours and we ended up with a deluge of rain water coming through and ruining the mattress on one of the beds last year.

Well we've got our van back after having the new windows fitted. Look great. Lets see how they are in a few months

Hi, I have a 2013 Lexon 540, my front windows are a bit misaligned. Does anyone know if this model is subject to the recall please? We had our gas compartment door replaced last Autumn because of the warping but haven't been contacted about the windows. Our van is going in for a service in June, so as we're away on the continent for most of May, maybe I should call the dealer and see if I can get the windows done then. If it's one of the dodgy models that is.

Cheers

StevEE

Honda CRV 2. 2 i-CTDI just ahead of Lunar Lexon 540

• 1 month later...

I have a 2014 Clubman with warped front windows - warranty claim is in and waiting for the revised windows. We just attended the Caravan Club National at Arley Hall in Cheshire. Campbells and Leisure Sales of Cheshire were displaying many Lunar models and almost every Clubman and Lexon had warped front windows. These were all new 2014 models. Slightly worrying were the two Saros edition models on display as they have been built with the new windows. Whilst the window parts looked OK the new filler strip with the Lunar logo was badly fitted on both. One was hopelessly out of alignment and both hadn't been bonded at the nearside end and were flapping about. This is how the factory turns them out! I can only hope my dealer is able to do a better job once the new parts arrive.

Have a look at Lunar Ultima so far, post 87, there are a few before & after posts of my Ultima 540, same as Lexon 540. The finished job looks ok to my eyes, maybe the dealers fitters take a bit more time & care than the factory guys, seems unforgivable though that any vans should be so poorly finished, never mind ones going on display at a rally.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

*****, when will Lunar learn that the adhesive on the in-fill strip needs to cure properly before they release the 'van. Yes, they rushed my repairs/replacement windows through at the factory in December 2013 but then we suffered the in-fill corners lifting. And this was after Lunar saying they wouldn't fit the new windows at our home as they wanted to do them in "climatically controlled conditions". Total BS I say.

2019 Adria Adora Thames