Ignition On Marker Lights

stevefreddo

Hi,any info on wiring LED side marker lights to be on only when tow car engine running. ....Please

Cheers

Mine come on with side lights, they are low power LEDs. If you do want them to come on with engine wire them into the fridge or charging circuits using an in line fuse.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I assume your 2011 Amara will already have marker lights fitted, so the wiring to them would have to be isolated from side & tail lights. Then you have the problem of having them on only when the engine is running, perhaps coupling them onto the fridge circuit.

But is it all worth it, why not just switch on side & tail as I do when driving under any poor light conditions.

I have marker lights on my "to do list" as it's best to be seen at all times the way some drivers are on the roads these days.

2017 Mercedes Benz 220 CLS  AMG design Shooting Brake. 

Many thanks to all. Has been taken on board. Marker lights were not fitted until 2012/13

Cheers

Many thanks to all. Has been taken on board. Marker lights were not fitted until 2012/13

Cheers

Are you referring to the same model?

Whether side marker lights OR reflectors are required depends on body length although lights can be an option where just reflectors are needed.

Intrigued as to why you would require only them to come on with ignition as it would not comply with lighting requirements. ?

Cheers

Hi Steve . ... I've got marker lights on my 2011 Pastie . ....!!!???

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

Mine are wired to the charging circuit and only come on when the engine is running. Marker lights are only required on vehicles and trailers over 6m body length after 2012.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .