Hello From New Member

TrishD

Hello everyone. I'm new here. I've just bought a CI Sprite Alpine 4-berther from about 1986 as a restoration project and I was wondering if anyone can point me to where I can find more information about it please.

My intention(!) is to do it up as a green room for the cast and crew of our amateur film-making group, and the rest of the time it will be my den. It is not the van in the picture, but I think it's the exact same model.

:) Trish

post-65734-0-14541600-1391442860_thumb.png

:welcome: and another very different use for a caravan. I'm sure some Sprite enthusiasts will be here shortly!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Many thanks, Five Star. The Green Room will provide a relaxation space for up to 14 crew (though not all at one time, obviously), along with tea and coffee-making facilities, and possible accommodation from time to time.

The van was apparently a shell when the previous owner bought it, other than the cooker and fridge, and he has installed the banquettes, which are not angled like normal ones. There is no loo in it, nor a cabinet for one. I would love to know what the originals look like inside for comparison - he's put a big cupboard in, which I'd like to remove, for instance, to create a coffee-table area. :) Trish

Thanks Rita - that is the van whose picture I 'borrowed'. :) Trish

Thanks Bright Spark :lol::lol:

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Welcome onboard Trish.

My "old" van looks more like a workshop at the moment and it is being used to escape from the wife at the moment.

"Just going to work on the Van, Dear!"

That works most days. Boy, she is going to be disappointed in the amount of work that is actually getting done!!!

Many thanks for the welcomes. :) What with all the rain and wind, I've not been able to spend too much time in the van, but I've got one coat of primer on it, filled all the holes, made new covers for all the cushions and torn out the huge cupboard and made a banquette extension out of it, so it's coming along. Hoping to get a coat of paint on it at the weekend (it's going to be leaf green inside). Have also bought a porta-potti but not for use inside - it'll be in a tent outside as emergency facilities on our next shoot. The DH still hates it, but I am undeterred and am buying accessories like mad - melamine plates and cups, etc. She (Greta) will be very retro.