Caravan Insurance Company Gone Into Liquidation

Hells9369

So weve receievd a letter from a company called Begbies Traynor informing us that Millburn Insurance Company Ltd have gone into administration and that as of midnight tonight we are no longer covered. Covered for what was our question?

Eventually after a lot of telephone calls hubby discovered that this was our caravan insurance which we bought through a broker who has washed their hands, or so it appears after calling them, of the whole sitution with the answer from them being "Its not our fault we just sold you the policy and your money went straight to the underwrtiters you need to call the FCA we did you a really good deal and we didnt even make any commission on your case"

So now the calls to the FCA start to try and recoup the cost of our remaining 146 days worth of cover. However it also seems that somewhere along the line our contact details have been sold on to a new company as we have already had a call telling us that as our cover expires tonight at midnight they can offer us a good deal.

If you get the call then please beware. Dont rush into taking out the cover and make sure the policy is underwritten by a reputable company

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

Google them and you find they were in administration nearly 2 months ago.

Company is unable to pay claims but the Financial Services Compensation Scheme seem to be dealing with outstanding claims. Their site says you MAY be able to claim your premiums back but it sounds doubtful.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Broker didn't make any commission? Yeah, that'll be right. Hope you don't buy your next policy from them

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Quote; our contact details have been sold on to a new company as we have already had a call telling us that as our cover expires tonight at midnight they can offer us a good deal.

​May be they want to give you a reduced deal to cover for remaining period of outstanding policy? :rolleyes:

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

The broker informed me that if we made a claim today it would be dealt with. The new company wanted to do a full years cover and NO WAY will we use that broker again for caravan cover. We have a fantastic broker that does the house and that policy is underwritten by Royal Sun Alliance and our cars are with other reputable underwriters.

Cleaning the House while the kids are at home is like clearing snow with it still snowing

VW Touareg + Bailey Verona = Happy Family :)

Google them and you find they were in administration nearly 2 months ago.

Company is unable to pay claims but the Financial Services Compensation Scheme seem to be dealing with outstanding claims. Their site says you MAY be able to claim your premiums back but it sounds doubtful.

As said contact the FSCS and you will get some money back.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

• 2 weeks later...

I am another victim of Millburn - along with (I'm told) about 20,000 others. They have been operating since 1948 and I don't feel my broker has stitched me up. Just one of those expensive things. Aegeas matched my existing Millburn premium then reduced it further when I explained that I can get my Lunar Quasar 554 insured for £181 from Simple Caravan Insurance. Haggling pays dividends.

As said contact the FSCS and you will get some money back.

Dave

I fought for two years to try and get any money back from the FSCS always wanted yet more paperwork and and time and time again kept denying the claim even after I supplied the cheque stub.

Same with the FSA re licensed a man who just came out of prison for fraud twice and then denied responsibility when he did it again.