Ego Single Axle Control Unit Fault

aussiewantsaps

I have a faulty Ego Single axle control unit fault, there was a burning smell now some of the functions dont work, the motors and remote are fine as i tested.

Are all control units basically the same or differ? I know Ego and Purpleline are the same so if i got a Purpleline twin axle box would it control an Ego single?

Looking for the most cost effective solution to get things working again please?

I thought Egos had a 5 year guarantee. Can you not claim for a new control unit?

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

I wouldn't think a twin axle control unit would work effectively with single axle motor units as they operate in different ways.

A single axle control unit can, and will, drive the motors in opposite directions (specifically allowing the caravan to rotate on it's axis) whereas a twin axle control unit will only drive both motors in the same direction but at different speeds (therefore cannot rotate caravan on it's axis).

If it is the Purpleline Quattro twin axle unit then it will be fine as you can program it for either twin or single axle.

All the installation and use manuals are on their website.

If it is the Purpleline Quattro twin axle unit then it will be fine as you can program it for either twin or single axle.

All the installation and use manuals are on their website.

I stand corrected Staffie! :blush:

Our Hercules can be programmed the same.

Edited by Gellyneck