Hello From A Recent Convert From Canvas To Caravan

Melbourne12

It was the thunderstorms that did it for us. We were camping in the Peak District last summer, and were hit by several storms. That's all part of life's rich pattern, of course, but as we packed away the soaking wet tent at the end of our trip, we realised that we were getting a bit past this sort of thing.

At the end of August, almost on impulse, we acquired an Elddis EX2000 Jetstream as an introductory van. The idea was that if we didn't like it, we'd not lose too much money, and if we did like it, we could upgrade in a year or so. By the time we'd got it properly fettled, there was only time for a couple of local trips, just to get used to it.

So this year is going to be the year of the caravan for us. Even our couple of autumn trips have convinced us that it's going to be fun. We're really looking forward to it!

Excellent, I used to camp in a tent at model flying shows, the number of times it was raining when I was pegging everything down just to witness a caravan turn up, 4 legs down and they're were sat having a cuppa and I was still hammering pegs in. Not any more.

Ap

Well done!

We also used to camp, until a wet summer of 2010!

Chose our first caravan and got it spot on. Got back yesterday from 6 days away! Would not have camped in January in a tent! Off again next week!

Get put and enjoy it!

Edited for spellings

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Hello & welcome to caravans & caravantalk

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Welcome to the Caravan Talk forum, Melbourne 12. You will find this a very friendly and helpful site.

Pauline

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150