Spare Front Windows From A Stellar400 2002

discodunc

I recently had one of my front windows (right hand side) delaminate.

fortunately ive got warranty and the window is being replaced. The windows are a bronze/brown colour all the way around

now here is the best bit, : Lunar say they never manufactured a Bronze window, and sent a black window!. Despite the dealer arguing with the Lunar Technical Director, lunar are adamant they didn't make a Bronze window, and it seems my dealer has had this argument with them several times with other caravans.

The dealer cant get the bronze window from Lunar so im stuck with the black one (like fitted on newer lunars).

So the van doesn't look stupid with different colour windows, the dealer has agreed to buy in the middle and left hand side black windows and charge me cost price and fit FOC.

at least it will look matching from the front.

to cut a long story short ! - im thinking of keeping the 2 old bronze windows that are not faulty and selling them to offset the cost of the additional two black windows.

However, as the windows have the CRiS number etched on them - can anyone advise what value I am likely to be able to sell them for, and should I rub off the CRiS number before, or after the a potential buyer has seen them

Many Thanks

• 6 months later...

Hi discodunc i dont suppose you still have the windows? if so what year is the caravan and model.

cheers. John

Tinted Polyplastic windows fade over time - new ones will never match.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES