Brittany Ferry Change Of Booking

Was booked on the Cap Finistere sailing from Portsmouth to Bilbao on Wednesday morning but today I've had a call from them telling me the Wednesday sailing is cancelled due to adverse weather forecasted and we've been re-booked onto an extra sailing departing at 2330 tomorrow (Monday). Two nights on board and arrive at Bilbao 0800 on Wednesday.

Fortunately we are ready and able to go as the next crossing they could offer with dog kennel vacancies was 28th Feb!!

We crossed Portsmouth to Bilbao on the Cap Finistere last Wednesday, and it was very rough as we came out of the English Channel round the corner of Brittany, from about 7pm - 11. 30pm. In fact it was so bad we skipped dinner because we were feeling a bit green.

I hope your crossing is nice and smooth :)

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Land Rover is now back towing.

We have friends who have had the same thing happen, but they chose to drive down through France instead, and crossed the channel this morning. They live in Spain, and have to be back by a certain date.

We were fortunate enough to go on a cruise last April, but unfortunate enough to have to sail through the Bay of Biscay in some pretty rough sea. The ship had stabilisers and was almost twice the size of the Ferry -but still a large number of the passengers and quite a few of the crew were ill. While I like it a bit rough, if I had the choice of doing the B of B in a storm or driving, the latter would win hands down.

M

For anyone to be going on holiday 2 days earlier we would all be cheering! But as its due to weather, you may be cheering when you get to the other end!!

Seriously, hope the crossing is smooth and safe for you. Let us know how you got in when you get there