gumdrop

My 13 pin to two seven pin Kampa adaptor, locks up,

i. e the rotating bit rotates "clicks" and stays locked up this can happen

just picking the adapter up! I have dismantled it and silicon sprayed it to

no avail. I am in Norfolk at the moment and don't want my return to Bristol

held up by this evil plug!

Edited by BrianI

Hi,

I had a similar issue on the Bailey supplied item. Silicon fixed the issue, and the problem hasn't re-occurred. If I dock the plug on the A frame I am very careful about pulling it straight out rather than twisting it.

Mercedes Vito and Valencia 2012

You can get a green tool to re-align the rotating part from most good caravan accessory shops

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

A green cap is an essential bit of kit. You just insert the caravan 13 pin plug into it, hold the plug in one hand and rotate the green cap as necessary to realign the inner and outer "sleeves "of the plug.

If you don`t have one available you can depress the two lugs on the plug thus making it possible to rotate the two "sleeves" independently. Can be hard if like me your grip isn`t what it used to be.

Bob

Mercedes Benz E220 AMG Line Auto Estate and Bailey S4 Unicorn Cadiz

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.