It Was Great To See..

skodapower

3 more Adria vans being handed over yesterday morning at Venture. My Dad picked up his new Altea Sportline Px along side another couple having an Altea Sportline Px.

The Third van was a new Sportline DT and it was the families very first van. Having been though the process last year it great to see the excitement and sheer "oh my god I will never remember all this !" look. Like us they have so much planned and I know there going to have a great time. The wife does surf caravan talk, so keep us updated on your adventures.

My Dad was like a kid in a sweetshop and loves the van. The tow home was little a little windy but its now safe on his drive and currently being "pimped up" by his other half.

• 2 weeks later...

Were not planning on changing anytime soon now. want to move house instead, and the van does everything we could wish it to do. plus doubt we would get a similar deal to what we did so why waste money.

mind you a lottery win would secure an order and import of an Alpina :-)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Might have to choose something different next time, becoming too common LOL

I am a little concerned that i hear the new 2015 altea will be a different design, much heavier and more expensive. I hope Adria know what they are doing because a 15k van has lots of competition!

I am a little concerned that i hear the new 2015 altea will be a different design, much heavier and more expensive. I hope Adria know what they are doing because a 15k van has lots of competition!

think they will loose out if they do, deffo will not change ours then. ours was under 11k brand new, even with carpets added. :)

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

Picking up my sportline dt in the morning from venture!!

think they will loose out if they do, deffo will not change ours then. ours was under 11k brand new, even with carpets added. :)

I totally agree. We plan to keep our sportline DT for a little while yet. It will be interesting to see what statergy Adria have for the Altea in the UK. The low weights, affordable prices and good quality sell these vans. Removing any of these elements would prove very risky.

Antony1977, You must be so excited. Hope you enjoy your new purchase. Say hi to Dave B and Webby for me. Its a brilliant van and your have great holidays. Add Shocks, heated towel rail and it would be bliss. So jealous of your Heki 2!

Enjoy

Paul

They are producing some seriously desirable vans: I wonder why no twin axles?

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Henry they do (or did) for the foreign market but not for here. even though some of the vans are quite large for single axles compared to other makes. i wonder if its down to shipping costs if they are done by weight rather than size. i do know the upholstery is done over here after shipping, again i presume to keep weight down.

That's interesting: they mustn't think there is a big enough market for the twin axles here, though I seem to see more and more of them on sites recently. I read a review/road test of one of the big uns online: they basically said it was totally brilliant but Brits would like the stability of a double axle for that size of van. In fairness though, they did say it towed pretty well.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

I tow an Adria Adora 612DP which some would say is a huge van on a single axle, but I have to say ot feels completely stable whilst towing. It's all down to the extended 'A' frame apparently!

regards

Lester Rope

VW Passat 2. 0 SE TDi followed by Adria Adora 612DP Lunar Champ H621 - we have moved to the dark side

That's interesting: they mustn't think there is a big enough market for the twin axles here, though I seem to see more and more of them on sites recently. I read a review/road test of one of the big uns online: they basically said it was totally brilliant but Brits would like the stability of a double axle for that size of van. In fairness though, they did say it towed pretty well.

It takes a while to change people's perceptions and to "educate" that is the issue I would say. You still read a lot of misinformation and "old info" shall we say about Adrias.

A lot of the reviews are done by magazines/websites that rely on UK caravan advertising revenues as well. Not suggesting their tests aren't fully independent and objective of course, just that the two don't always sit together that well

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

I wrote an email to the editor of practical caravan Rob G. I mentioned the lack of reveiws partically with the Adria

Altea. I share sunshine tours views that other uk manufactors give much more revenue to the press. One manfactorer must spent thousands on advertising, yet build quality issues are a major issue and nothing gets reported. The adria altea dt/dk is the biggest selling van so practical caravan take a px on long term test(how is that helpful).While any exposure is welcome, its limited at best.

Oh Rob never replied.

I wrote an email to the editor of practical caravan Rob G. I mentioned the lack of reveiws partically with the Adria Altea. I share sunshine tours views that other uk manufactors give much more revenue to the press. One manfactorer must spent thousands on advertising, yet build quality issues are a major issue and nothing gets reported. The adria altea dt/dk is the biggest selling van so practical caravan take a px on long term test(how is that helpful).While any exposure is welcome, its limited at best.

Oh Rob never replied.

Edited by skodapower