Delivery Times

LenV

Hi everyone. I am a Bailey owner at the moment but have ordered a new Elddis Shamal at the Manchester show. I was told by the salesman that the delivery time is May. This seems a very long time and for us means a big change in our holiday plans. I have spoken to elddis customer service and as yet I have not received any response even after I gave them my phone number and email address. Is there any Elddis owners who have any information on the delivery times. Many thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not understand why you have posted as you have.

You knew when you ordered the van at the show, as you were told by the salesman, that delivery would be May.

If you did not like that time frame,,,,,why did you buy it?

Your contract is with the dealer, not with the manufacturer. I will be very surprised if the manufacturer replies to your email.

Suggest that you return to your dealer and ask if the delivery can be brought forward.

I do not understand why you have posted as you have.

You knew when you ordered the van at the show, as you were told by the salesman, that delivery would be May.

If you did not like that time frame,,,,,why did you buy it?

Is this necessary

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

We ordered an Elddis last November with delivery now expected w/c 17 March 2014. On another thread someone ordered an Elddis in Jan this year with delivery in May. I suppose it depends on what van and when the manufacture is building them but from my little knowledge May delivery on a van ordered now from Elddis is not unexpected.

Lets get one thing straight. I am not complaining I am only asking a question. Whats the point in asking for information if all you get in return is some smart Alec having a go. Thanks for informative reply MHE.

Well said that man. .......

We ordered a Elddis avante 636 dealer model, we could have had it within 3 weeks, but I suppose that's because the dealer would have ordered his stock months before.

We're now taking delivery 7th Feb, can't wait. ..

I wonder if your dealer has his own spec. ...? Might get that earlier. ...?

Just a thought. .

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

Hi Lenv, when we ordered October 2012. We were given a delivery date of end of feb beginning of March 2013, we got a phone call from the dealer saying it was ready at the end of January . It might be worthwhile just speaking to your dealer and asking if there is anyway possible you might be able to get the van earlier. Don't worry though if they can't, May will soon be here quick enough,and the wait will be worth it. Good luck Scoobz.

We ordered our Avante 574 at the Lawn show in September 2012 and it was delivered to my local dealer on 4th November. Our local dealer was not represented at the show, so Elddis phoned them for us (from the showground) and we agreed a part exchange. Elddis were able to give us the build and delivery date there and then.

Time will fly by LenV, so don't fret too much, the wait will be worth it.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

That time will fly by. It's only 3mths, and not really any difference to a new car order tbh.

I think I'd rather wait than chase something around that could have been sat at the back of a storage yard all winter.

I know we all like to get things now, when we want it, but that's systemic of society nowadays, the have it now culture, but I I remember the time when we had to wait for things!

You'll love it when you get it, so its a small sacrifice to make to get what you want.

Btw - jealous!!!!

Lets get one thing straight. I am not complaining I am only asking a question. Whats the point in asking for information if all you get in return is some smart Alec having a go. Thanks for informative reply MHE.

Unfortunately LenV, there are quite a few smart alec's on here and other forum's who think they are being funny.

As others have said, don't worry about the wait, I would much rather do that and have what will hopefully be a trouble free van, rather than for them to rush it and find you have no end of problems with it.

Thanks for the replies. The main reason I posed the question was we normally go away from middle of March until August or September. It just means that I will have to rejig our travel plans to be in striking distance of our home in the month of May. Once again thank you

Lenv,still give your dealer a ring,you never know what could happen. And once again good luck.

VC,well said, couldn't of put it better myself.

lenv, wouldnt it have made more sence to buy in october and take delivery in feb/march intime for your holidays ;), jim ps hope you enjoy the van when you get it,

:D:D:D:D the new solid construction 2013 elddis aspire 255 has replaced a 2008 jeep grand cherokee 3. 0 crd overland being chased by a 2011 elddis crusader super sirocco,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after four elddis caravans it made sence to buy an aspire

Thanks Jim. Typical situation. just went to the show for a day out. Fatal move.

Thanks Jim. Typical situation. just went to the show for a day out. Fatal move.

Lenv,

Congratulations on buying a new van,what attracted you to buy a Crusader rather than say, a new Bailey or wait and see if the new Swift is worthwhile?.

It'll be late, we had to cancel all our plans for our first outing.

Tug:VW Touareg 4. 2 TDI V8

Tugged: Bucaneer Schooner

Hi Barlyn. We looked at all of the vans on offer to the extent that we decided to take a second visit the following day. We have a Bailey at the moment, the last of the Senators but felt at our age now was the best time to part exchange. We have looked at the new Baileys and we do not like any of them, and I am not convinced of the alutec system. The Crusader fitted our needs just right in our price range. We did like the Buccaneer Fluyt but could not justify the extrac £3000. Hope the van lives up to our expectations.

lenv, you will really enjoy the alde heating in your new van, if you havent had it before in my opinion its a revelation and once up to temp maintains the set temp 24 hrs a day, loads of hot water and the option to boost heat the hot water, longer showers, last caravan was a crusader super sirocco, , loved it, now have an aspire m,home and really have enjoyed the change, jim

:D:D:D:D the new solid construction 2013 elddis aspire 255 has replaced a 2008 jeep grand cherokee 3. 0 crd overland being chased by a 2011 elddis crusader super sirocco,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, after four elddis caravans it made sence to buy an aspire

We were awaiting the delivery of our Avante this time last year and it was initially promised for delivery early April but it arrived at the dealer a good few weeks early - end of Feb I think and we picked it up towards the end of March.

formerly ClassikFan

We ordered our Crusader at the Lawns in September 2012 for Feb / Mar delivery, (we could have had it sooner but we wanted to wait until after the new year so Feb / Mar was the next build run) we got a call in mid Dec to say it was ready and we collected early January.

Hi Barlyn. We looked at all of the vans on offer to the extent that we decided to take a second visit the following day. We have a Bailey at the moment, the last of the Senators but felt at our age now was the best time to part exchange. We have looked at the new Baileys and we do not like any of them, and I am not convinced of the alutec system. The Crusader fitted our needs just right in our price range. We did like the Buccaneer Fluyt but could not justify the extrac £3000. Hope the van lives up to our expectations.

Hello Lenv,

I agree with what you say. We went to the Manchester show and I preferred the Crusader to any other van in its price range. I too could not see any justifiable advantage of the Buccaneer. We have a 3 year old Valencia and the new Valencia although it is a nice van is not for us. My one criticism of the single axle Crusader is that the front seats do not appear long enough to lie down on other than that I think that they are superb and I like the ability to get a significant payload upgrade and its for free. I wish well with your new van!

Davros18 I understand your wish to wait for the new year for your van, but surely its still a 2012 being it was ready in December. Yes Barlyn the front seats are not long enough to lay down on. Its a tin box at the end of the day so if something is bigger something has to be smaller. Never mind though as you say they are nice vans and its a compromise we decided to live with and the weight upgrade helped sweeten the pill

Hi LenV. We placed our order for a Crusader Storm 3 weeks ago and our delivery date is May too. I think the ones for the next build were going to be ready March but were all pre-ordered.

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

Davros18 I understand your wish to wait for the new year for your van, but surely its still a 2012 being it was ready in December. Yes Barlyn the front seats are not long enough to lay down on. Its a tin box at the end of the day so if something is bigger something has to be smaller. Never mind though as you say they are nice vans and its a compromise we decided to live with and the weight upgrade helped sweeten the pill

No, its a 2013 registered in January. I accept it was built in 2012 but that's acedemic, its the reg date and model that define the year.

I only posted as my agreed delivery date came forward and I thought it might give you some hope that your's could too, but thank you for trying to make me think I was ripped off! :)

Davros