Status 530 Amplifier . Not Working

Razzor

I have a status 530 aerial and the amplifier is not working it's red led does not come on, the power supply is ok. Can I replace the Brocken amplifier with a vision plus vp5 amplifier only.

Yes.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Orange or purple writing on the aerial and amp?

Orange = YES

Purple = NO

Also consider the excellent Fringe Electronics amps to replace the failed Vision (if you can stand the bright leds the Easy Find helps get the best signal and level just right)... http://www. fringeelectronics. co. uk/fringeleisure/page12. html

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Yes.

Oops, my mistake.

My vp5 is currently off getting tested as 550 has never worked since install.

Just beginning our adventure. 95% of my time on CT I use my phone. As a result correct spelling and grammer will be used sparingly. This is due to fat fingers. Please don't let it bother you.

Depending upon the colour of writing on the aerial and status box it is either an amplifier or just a power supply. In the latter case the amplifier is in the aerial.

The Purple lettered Status 530/540's have the amplifer built into the head of the antenna, whereas the Orange lettered Status 530/540's have the amplifier built into the box in the cupboard. The performance capabilities are completely identical.

Please be aware that Orange/Purple units will not work together. The rule of thumb is that the lettering of the head of the Status 530/540 MUST match the lettering that is shown on the box in the caravan/motorhome.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

It's probably rather unlikely to find a 530 purple . .. must have been the very earliest made units, if ever. .. but the warning stands (as per poolebob's post).

BUT any (orange) 530 or 550 directional aerial will work quite well in many locations without the amplifier box to feed one receiver - just join the aerial cable to the appropriate outlet cable. The amplifier is only essential in the weaker reception areas.

When my old 530 amplifier psu failed I got a simple aerial masthead ampilfier to replace it - providing power from my TV's 'antenna power' option. But then I was given a EasyTune to try - which is how I can vouch for it being a good piece of kit.

Razzor might also be advised to check what connections are on any Vision amp he purchases. .. the VP3 one on my Bailey has f-connectors rather than 'standard' TV sockets (aka Belling Lee or IEC-169-2) !

Edited by Rodders53

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

I had one of these a few years ago and the same thing happened. I replaced the unit for about £25.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Orange or purple writing on the aerial and amp?

Orange = YES

Purple = NO

Also consider the excellent Fringe Electronics amps to replace the failed Vision (if you can stand the bright leds the Easy Find helps get the best signal and level just right)... http://www. fringeelectronics. co. uk/fringeleisure/page12. html

I have swapped to a fringe unit also, very high quality and fantastically easy to use.

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

• 4 years later...

Hi,

we have a max view satellite dish and a status Ariel.  

The TV will not find any channels during auto tune and I’m a bit concerned the light is not illuminating on the status box despite the switch being turned to on. We also have a vision plus which has the light on. It just seems as though no power is going to the box? 

The radio in the caravan works fine.  

We’ve borrowed a friends Ariel and can get 22 channels but nothing when we plug directly into the Ariel socket.  

Second hand caravan and this is our first time.  

Many help would be massively appreciated 

48 minutes ago, Sarah&Paul said:

I’m a bit concerned the light is not illuminating on the status box despite the switch being turned to on. We also have a vision plus which has the light on. It just seems as though no power is going to the box? 

Confusing.   Pictures of what you have may be needed.   (Or use Google to identify more accurately what you have so we can advise). 

Status and Vision Plus are one and the same company.   http://www. visionplus. co. uk/shop/status-antennas/ may have some useful info / manuals?  Colour of writing on aerial outside and box inside is important -- purple or orange(y red) are the two possibles.   

May be worth running a temporary cable from one of the amplifier outputs to the TV direct to eliminate a wiring fault within the caravan?  Check the wire coming in through the roof goes to the amplifier input. Also check any fly leads or hand made plugs/socket are properly made.   http://www. aerialsandtv. com/wiringup. html may help (some will say the method shown is not the best / correct way but it works in most cases).

NB Auto correct on your device is probably making Aerial into the  wrong spelling of Ariel (which is a soap powder and the BBC staff newspaper, among other things real and mythical).

3 hours ago, Sarah&Paul said:

Hi,

we have a max view satellite dish and a status Ariel.  

The TV will not find any channels during auto tune and I’m a bit concerned the light is not illuminating on the status box despite the switch being turned to on. We also have a vision plus which has the light on. It just seems as though no power is going to the box? 

The radio in the caravan works fine.  

We’ve borrowed a friends Ariel and can get 22 channels but nothing when we plug directly into the Ariel socket.  

Second hand caravan and this is our first time.  

Many help would be massively appreciated 

It might help if you can tell us:-

The make, model, and year of the caravan;

The aerial type - a fixed  'flying saucer' or a directional one that from inside you can push up and down, turn, and make vertical or horizontal by winding a handle;

The colour of the writing on the aerial and/or aerial amp box;

Where you are located and what transmitter (if you know) are you trying to receive;

Your text suggests there are two aerial amps - a Status and a Vision-Plus. Is that correct and if so the model numbers of both will help?

The make and model of the TV (although not so important.)

Edited by Woodentop

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville