Competition - £100 Brittany Ferries Travel Voucher.

RobJS

Hello All,

post-38246-0-34904200-1391287706_thumb.gif post-38246-0-01893400-1391287736_thumb.png

Some of you are already aware that my brother and I are going to be undertaking a 100 mile bike ride in May in aid of the Charity, Marie Curie Cancer Care. Called the Carten 100, it begins in Cardiff and ends in Tenby. It takes place on 10th May. I've never cycled such a distance so it will certainly be a challenge

Some very generous members have already donated (thanks again guys!)

post-38246-0-74466000-1391287881_thumb.jpg

Bailey Caravans (the only manufacturer to respond and did so almost immediately) have kindly contributed a financial amount to the cause- Thanks Bailey!

post-38246-0-25968200-1391287719_thumb.jpg

Brittany Ferries have also made a donation. They are holding a £100 travel voucher which I am able to use as a competition prize. My contact at Brittany ferries has indicated that The voucher can be used against any Brittany Ferries crossing or inclusive holiday. I think its an extremely kind gesture of them. Thank you to Brittany Ferries!

I am not able to auction this on a site such as eBay but the Brittany Ferries have given me permission to use my Justgiving charity page as a platform to run this.

How will it work:

It is quite simple. For every £10. 00 you donate to my just giving page, you get an entry into the competition. So donate £10. 00, you get one chance, donate £20. 00, you get two chances.

When you donate, please can you indicate your name as your Forum Name and enter the following text after it (CTBFC):

So, my entry name would be RobJS(CTBFC)

:excl: This is important as I need to be able to recognise you on my just giving page. if you don't display your profile name and the letters (CTBFC) then I wont be able to identify you as a Caravan Talk competition entrant.

I will then issue you with a number by posting it here. I'm keen to keep it as transparent as possible.

When will I know the result?

What I will then do is log on here as much as I can and issue you with a number (see it as a raffle ticket)

On the 14th March I will use an internet number randomiser to pick a number. If its yours then all I need from you is your address, Brittany Ferries will then send you out the voucher. You get a good discount on your holiday, you sponsor a worthwhile charity, I ride 100 miles (the things I do!).

:excl: No monies will be put into my possession, it is all dealt with securely by justgiving.

Its completely legitimate, I can even put you in touch with Jane at Brittany Ferries to confirm if you are at all doubtful. You can also ask questions here. The voucher will be sent to you at your home address and will have your name on it. Brittany Ferries will not issue it to pass on and frankly I would rather it this way.

So, all you need to do now is decide that you want to support a worthwhile charity that grants terminally ill people their final wishes. Why wouldn't you donate?

The link to my just giving page is:

www. justgiving. com/shillbrothers

I will update this thread with your number so it keeps things all nice and transparent. All that's left for me to say is thank you for reading and good luck! :D

A call to anyone wanting to donate something for me to use in a competition, I would greatly appreciate anything! Just inbox me and we can sort.

Cheers

Rob

:excl: Members who have Donated and your reference numbers are below:

001 Wispman*

002 Wispman*

003 Onewheelonmywagon*

004 Simplyloco*

005 Milkymarsh*

006 Jaydug*

007 Gordon*

008 Gordon*

009 Chapman

010 Glen & Les

011 Glen & Les

012 simplysimon

013 dnmharwood

014 dnmharwood

015 Not so big John

016 Nick J

017 Milkymarsh

*Guys, if you don't want to be included, let me know, otherwise I will assume you are in the draw.

Big thank you to Lunar Loopy for your donation! Let me know if you want to be entered into the draw and I will give you a number

Also, big thank you to duffs54 for your donation!

. Hi all,

This is just a quick note to thank those who have already donated. 9 donors so far, some of you have been kind enough to donate more than £10 which is great for Marie Curie but doubles your chances of winning the voucher.

For those of you contemplating entering, have a little watch of the video in the link. Take a minute to think. We are lucky aren't we? Give a little happiness to someone in their dying days/hours

http://m. youtube. com/watch?v=t0L2T76qNvM

Thank you again and thank you in advance if you intend to donate. You're literally changing lives.

Edited by RobJS

• 3 weeks later...

Not long to go until the prize Draw guys. If you've not donated then your chance of winning this voucher is extremely high given that there are only 14 entrants. A 1 in 14 chance of winning surely is better than putting your money on a scratch card.

Your support would be greatly appreciated! Someone will get a big help from brittany ferries to get them into the continent this summer.

I've also got another competition running for those not interested in this one. Have a look at

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/91717-competition-truma-levelcheck/

This is your 10 day call. One entry can could give you a £90 return. 10 entrants and a 1 in 14 chance if winning. Not bad odds. The competition isn't open to any other forum so what are you waiting for. Your donation will help change the final days of a loved one.

6 days until Draw day. .... If you are considering your summer holiday, consider a £10. 00 donation and you could be pleasantly surprised with the return.

Thanks all!

Rob

Three days to go! Winner drawn this Friday evening!

Hey guys, I'm also making an appeal on Rob's behalf (and reducing my chances of winning in doing so)!

This really is for a very good cause and with the chance to get £100 off your next crossing/BF holiday too.

It's not a gimmick - Rob is working very hard across Facebook as well to reach the £1000 target that he and his brother have set themselves. They are 73% there and I've no doubt that they'll reach it - their determination is rock solid.

Every little helps - thanks.

Thanks Glen! We are getting there slowly but we have our fingers crossed that we can between us, get to £1000. :-) :-)

Less than 24 hours to go!

I will use a number randomiser tomorrow to complete this draw. I will post a screenshot if the winning number here. ...

Draw will take place at 8:00pm tomorrow evening.

Not long to go but you still have time to enter. No money comes to me, it all goes to Marie Curie Cancer care. A charity which until you need them, you usually have no appreciation of but when you need them, you will forevever remember them.

Rob

Almost 2 hours to go. .. its almost final call time! Thanks to Nick J for your donation. You are entry number 016. Good Luck!

Rob

And the winner is. .......

NUMBER 06 - Jaydug. CONGRATULATIONS! Please send me a private message with your address and I will get brittany ferries to send out your voucher.

Competition closed! Thank you to EVERY person who has donated. You are all members of my charity army. In my eyes, each and every one of you are winners. You have shown support which I can not thank you enough for

I have plenty more competitions coming up, most/all will be a £1. 00 entry. I will sort this out over the weekend. I have one live one at the moment and that's a £1. 00 donation entry.
http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/91717-competition-truma-levelcheck/
You can donate as many times as you want. Each £1 donation gets you one entry.
Thanks again all!

post-38246-0-47569300-1394827414_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Jaydug you lucky sausage :)

Edit: Are you sure the winning number is the right way up ?

Edited by onewheelonmywagon

Congratulations Jaydug you lucky sausage :)

Thank you OWOMW. It will come in very handy for next winter's trip to Spain. No need to use "Brittany Ferries économie" now. :lol:

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Well done Jaydug - Enjoy your trip!

. ..and of course thank you to Britany Ferries and to RobJS for arranging the competition.

Gordon

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

This thread is now closed

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.