Exploded Glass Sink Cover Replacement?

Kazlizbess

Can anyone tell me where to get a replacement glass sink cover (original made by Suter Belgium)? (My husband put a hot teapot down on it last summer and it exploded into a billion pieces - just glad no one got hurt by it :-). My googling has turned up nothing and I don't know where to start. Hope you can help. Thanks in advance.

2005 Bessacarr Cameo 635 gl & 2005 Nissan Terrano II SVE Di 3. 0l

It may be a case of ringing around the caravan breakers found on the web. They don't always list all their parts probably because they have a yard full so a search on Google for lunar chateau May not be enough.

I assume you have tried the manufacturer.

Good luck in your search, if it is any consolation I have a real "mission impossible" looking for a rear window for a 2004 lmc regal.

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

• 5 years later...

I know this post is quite old, but I am facing the exact same problem on our chateau carrat.

Did you were any lucky in finding this part.

Thanks for answering in advance.

Extremely unlikely that you will hear  from any of the previous posters on this thread. All have not been active on this forum for around 3 years.  You should take the advice they gave and contact Caravan Breakers.    Try to identify if possible who made the sink, it wont solely have been  supplied to Chateau Carrat  line.

A better solution may be to make a cardboard template and contact a local glazier who will make a toughened cover from your template.

Why not just get a replica made? Make a cardboard template of the glass with the (holes if there are any) for the hinges. Take it to your local glass supplier and tell them what its for. They will cut and polish a piece of toughened glass to your shape. Its that simple.

Ern

Good idea of Ern's, decent glass suppliers can sort you out,

One of our quite large caravan dressing table mirrors broke.

I made a template complete with fixing hole positions and took it to one of our local suppliers who supplied an exact copy.

Elddis was £70, got it done for £21. :)

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

When I want a window glass for my stove in the house, I take a cardboard template to the fire shop and they get one made for me.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

We bought ours on e-bay last month.

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

51 minutes ago, Paul_B said:

When I want a window glass for my stove in the house, I take a cardboard template to the fire shop and they get one made for me.

Know a couple who have just done this for caravan and less than half price at glaziers.

Geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530