Caravan Club

Halohodge

I have been awarded 2 stars for contributing to their forum, very nice you can build up quite a few points if you make frequent entries,but what do you actually do with the points, can I use them to buy club regalia or get a discount on pitch fees or something even more exciting, cant find any mention on their website, can someone enlighten me, perhaps I`m missing out on a nice little earner.

Swift Fairway pulled by a Ford Mondeo 2. 0 Business Edition 5 door hatchback

Adventure before Dementia

I'm watching Pointless at the moment. ........

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I have been awarded 2 stars for contributing to their forum, very nice you can build up quite a few points if you make frequent entries,but what do you actually do with the points, can I use them to buy club regalia or get a discount on pitch fees or something even more exciting, cant find any mention on their website, can someone enlighten me, perhaps I`m missing out on a nice little earner.

You have 3 stars on here too in recognition of your 346 post contribution :)

500 Posts gets you 4 stars

1000 Posts gets you 5 stars

5000 gets you "Senior Member" status (I am sure that is something to aspire to)

Thanks admin, that's great, but what purpose do they serve. I notice you have got 4100 contributions so you must be getting quite excited.

Edited by Halohodge

Thanks admin, that's great, but what purpose do they serve.

Well in bygone days you used to be able to exchange them for Stamp.pngstamps.

Only joking, it is just something that comes with the forum software.

And there was me thinking that Admin \ Moderators were the only stars on this forum! :)

It's not just about being a star, it's about how bright you shine amongst the others that counts :);)

Halohodge

Why ask here? Might you not get the definitive answer on the CC forum?

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I think perhaps Halohodge wasn't being entirely serious David.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Maybe you could wear them like they do in McDonald's.

If you got five the warden would be compelled to run you to the toilet block on his ride on. Then warm the seat for you.

Four stars, can use the loo during cleaning period.

Etc etc.

Three stars,

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

I just wondered if they where for a specific purpose, I don't think I need stars to encourage me to take part in the forums, I enjoy the banter and some of the heated discussions, can be very enlightening to hear other peoples view even if you disagree with their arguments and comments.

To answer your question they were originally put in place to encourage people to post when the forum was new, two years ago. Unfortunately they included any type of post in adding towards your star collection, unlike here were your post count is only added to by contributing to the more meaningful topics shall we say. This has encouraged some to post of absolute drivel at times just to boost the number of stars of some posters which I feel has devalued the whole forum. Apart from vanity they are of no use at all.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

To answer your question they were originally put in place to encourage people to post when the forum was new, two years ago. Unfortunately they included any type of post in adding towards your star collection, unlike here were your post count is only added to by contributing to the more meaningful topics shall we say. This has encouraged some to post of absolute drivel at times just to boost the number of stars of some posters which I feel has devalued the whole forum. Apart from vanity they are of no use at all.

David

Excellent answer Klyne, I fully endorse what you said.

Thank you Five Star, at least you answered the question, I do hope my well intentioned question was drivel.

Have not really noticed our star system or the numbers that other sites use. ......am on an American site that actually 'awards awards' for lots of posts. .....but they seem to start after 25,000!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I think that on the CC site there are also points given for 'liking' a post. When I look at recent posts they are inundated with likes rather than posts.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

I was on a site purchasing something the other night and before signing I was asked to 'Like'on Facebook before purchase. ..........so I didn't and bought elsewhere.

goff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530