Three Mobile

Guys,

I've just come out of contract with orange. I'm after a mobile deal that offers both unlimited data AND allows tethering for when away with the van.

'Three' offers both of these and for a good price too. My only concern is the coverage, how good is it out in the sticks ?

So, over to you guys. All thoughts on three mobile much appreciated.

Cheers.

If you check the coverage maps on the mobile website 3 has the best coverage . My 3 Mifi and dongle have worked a number of times when over suppliers for our mobiles have no signal .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I'm with Vodafone and have been for years with my mobile phone and it's brilliant, best coverage in my experience of all. I did however buy a three midi unit last year and it's brilliant, incredible data rates and coverage has been good.

Ap

Have you checked the tesco deals? they use O2 for the service and it's pretty good coverage across the country don't know about tethering though.

We've been with 3 for about five years now, and never had any problems with a signal with the exception of a few beaches with high granite cliffs at the back where no-one else can get a signal either!!!!

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Wow, cheers for your quick replies guys.

Having looked at what the other providers offer, I can only find three to offer unlimited data with tethering allowed which I'm after.

Looks like a couple of months on a rolling contract with three it is them.

Cheers.

Hi been with 3 about 6 years (my son also) only poor reception is in North Scotland, I think Orange has the edge north of the border.

I have no plans to leave ps my son tells me the speeds are as good as I have at home. - whatever.

Times have changed - I used to be with 3 several years ago but the coverage was so poor I struggled to get a signal in my home never mind out and about. Left and went to O2 and have never looked back

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

I guess perceptions vary with satisfaction. My wife and I are Vodafone and can't make a call from home without set to GSM only! Not at all happy since paying for data which we don't get.

The coverage map shows us as on the edge of an area but their technicians say we are within coverage. Complained and were given half price for a month because work was being done yet following month same situation but now no work being done or seemingly had been done!

Sorry - a personal moan. Guess first thing to do is to study coverage before purchase - we didn't do that to our cost.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Very rare do I struggle to get some signal with THREE. I'm using a dongle/MiFi rather than a phone. I find the speeds are pretty good.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

try giffgaff, it uses the o2 network and you can buy very good monthly deals they call goody bags.

Hi zeer,

I've looked at giff gaff but they don't do unlimited data either. And to be honest, I got a little confused were there website. First signs of me getting old I reckon !! :-(

Phil.

I've had a 3 MiFi for around 4 years now. The only place it has never managed to connect was at Clumber Park - which is famous for being a black hole.

Cheers

Keith

I have just taken up a sim one plan which has the All you can eat data, 2000 minutes any network, 5000 minutes 3 to 3 5000 texts and tethering for £15 a month for a 12 month contract. The same sim plan is available on a one month rolling contract for £18. 50.

So far I have found the 3 service to be excellent. My previous with Orange was acceptable until they created EE, then I struggle to get a connection in a lot of places.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Hi Seaman,

That's the plan I'm going to have, just unsure whether to go for the 12 month plan or start off on the 30 day rolling contract to see how I get on.

Phil.

Hi Phil,

The 30 day rolling plan is only about £2. 50 more, so it may be a good option for you to gauge how good or bad they are? I looked a many other unlimited data sim deals, but Three was by far the cheapest. Another consideration is 4G, with Three there is no extra cost, if it is available and your mobile is 4G compatible you use it. EE wanted me to pay an extra £7 a month.

My son has just been to Australia, and his Three contract allowed roaming there and it didn't cost him any extra.

Dsvid

Edited by Seaman

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

I can only give you my experience here in Hope Valley. With Vodafone, I get a thousand bars but their equipment here is only 2G so all I get is GPRS, which is like going back in time 30 years to dial-up. Signed up for the same 'three' package you're about to and it's like home broadband (I'm getting about 2Mb/s download from this field overlooking hope valley!) , all you can eat data and I'm sending this from my tethered laptop!

Just one word of caution - three's upload bandwidth control is very tight. It might not be the right package if you upload a lot e. g. storing files on a cloud service. See attached speed test.

post-63455-0-78993100-1391460721_thumb.jpg