Removal Of Seating Area

jess1105

I have just purchased an Atlas mirage delexe super 2008 caravan and we are wanting to remove the fixed dining area, has anyone done this before and if so does it cause much damage and is it easy to remove?

many thanks in advance for your help :)

I have just purchased an Atlas mirage delexe super 2008 caravan and we are wanting to remove the fixed dining area, has anyone done this before and if so does it cause much damage and is it easy to remove?

many thanks in advance for your help :)

Jess - you may be lucky and get an answer here but the caravan you mention is, I think, a 'mobile' home. You might be better off trying a forum better suited to that subject but don't go away - it's amazing what comes up here!

Sam :beardy:

While internal seating provides structural integrity to a touring caravan, I don't believe the same is true for a static caravan that remains sited in one place. I would expect therefore that your suggested seat removal should be within the ability of any competent DIYer.

Welcome to the forum.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Hi

I have removed the seating from my knaus caravan, be careful how you take it to bits and you'll be able to reuse the pieces you have removed, I had to cover over the old floor cover as the furniture removed left dents and screw holes.

I did make sure, before removing any furniture, that the side of the van would not fall down

post-19000-0-76860900-1391162562_thumb.jpg post-19000-0-15221600-1391162598_thumb.jpg

post-19000-0-14266900-1391162679_thumb.jpg post-19000-0-36834700-1391162769_thumb.jpg

Knaus sudwind 500 TL C4 grand Picasso 2. 0 hdi 138 EGS Exclusive

I've removed seating in a tourer but it's only been temporary for repairs. It usually is structural but I have seen a few for sale that have had the seating totally removed in places so not sure how they hold up when towing.

Compass Shadow 1988

I can't say how a british caravan is built, but the seating area in my knaus was not structural and front end and walls are bolted onto the floor with steel and across the ceiling with wooden battens that are part of the overhead lockers, last week I returned from a 700 Km trip without any sign of the caravan walls moving IE cupboard doors & windows close and open as usual, state normal. I have seen one other caravan with the seating removed, that was also a knaus. But before I did mine I checked before ripping it apart.

Knaus sudwind 500 TL C4 grand Picasso 2. 0 hdi 138 EGS Exclusive