Pot Holes

Gordon

First I must thank our council for repairing this damaged service cover last year.

Drain Cover 2013.jpg

Unfortunately it was beyond them to maintain the surface so that eight months later it looks like this.

Drain Cover 2014b.jpg

Yesterday I had the misfortune to hit this with the rear wheel of my bike, causing an "unscheduled dismount". The result was a damaged tyre, buckled wheel rim, and a wet limp home.

So thank you "Mr council" that in addition to the thousands of pounds you take from me in my council tax bill (part of which is for local road maintenance) I have now finance an additional £47 for a new wheel and tyre!

Not happy,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

I have had help via this site but my local council now take reports seriously.

http://fixmystreet. oxfordshire. gov. uk/

Your photo shows a lot of damage caused by heavy vehicles I suspect?

There does seem to be a lot of problems needing a fix. ........

http://fixmystreet. oxfordshire. gov. uk/reports/Oxfordshire

eg.

post-39407-0-65512900-1391094034_thumb.jpg

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

It's easy to give councils stick but we have to remember that the government has drastically reduced the money they pay to councils while insisting they freeze council tax.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

There is a free app for iphones called Fill That Hole. Holes that i have reported seem to have been fixed in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Bailey Unicorn Valencia S2 & BMW E61 530i

It's easy to give councils stick but we have to remember that the government has drastically reduced the money they pay to councils while insisting they freeze council tax.

Agreed, but one wonders just how many injuries (or worse) have to happen before our government take notice of the deplorable situation with our roads today, and finance their upkeep correctly from our road fund licences, instead of hiving off the revenue into the general coffers!

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Agreed, but one wonders just how many injuries (or worse) have to happen before our government take notice of the deplorable situation with our roads today, and finance their upkeep correctly from our road fund licences, instead of hiving off the revenue into the general coffers!

Gordon.

I think the road fund money stopped paying for roads in 1936, it is VED now. I agree the state of the roads is extremely poor, maybe we all need to start paying a bit more tax in general so that things can be improved.