Bournemouth Camping

Hi all,

Can anybody help advise me, I'm looking for a reasonably priced family campsite in Bournemouth. I'm hoping to go to the air show at the end of August with my wife & 3 young kids and would appreciate advice on a good site. The show is between Boscombe and Bournemouth piers so easy transport would be good.

Thanks peeps.

2005 Citroen C8 2. 2Hdi

1990 Swift Conqueror 520/5

No touring sites in Bournemouth but plenty within seven or eight miles as well as some Cls. So many difficult to know where to start.

As far as transport is concerned, there are a number of park and rides.

Depending upon how early you want to arrive there are public car parks. Not sure about this year but has started as early as noon.

Be prepared to be there some hours.

You can always find somewhere to sit on the beach but you may have to walk abit.

Lots of stall and exhibitions along sea front so refreshments available.

Euro fighter is amazing as are red arrows and Vulcan if it turns up.

If children are really young may need ear protectors as they could get frightened.

Also a display at dusk which is pretty good but short and things going on in the Lower Gardens in the evenings.

Above all, all displays are free.

Post if you decide where to stay and I could make some suggestions about transport.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Hi Rich,

We always use Meadowbank Holidays when we visit my elderly mum. There is a bus stop within 10 yards of the gate, which runs into Bournemouth and Boscombe. Within 1/2 mile there are more bus options to Christchurch and beyond.

The site is predominately static caravans, but has touring pitches in a easy location, the best being the hard standings. A new facilities block was built about 2 years ago, which is very modern. Access to the site is very good and the route in is not impeded by parked cars etc. due to it being a bus route. Link below.

http://www. meadowbank-holidays. co. uk/touring-tariff/

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

As said sites are outside Bournemouth and use the Park and ride. I would book ASAP as it gets very busy with millions of people being attracted that week.

If your looking for a site with entertainment you could look at Shorefield sites as they have a few in the area with indoor pools and evening entertainment .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Merley Court Park

http://www. shorefield. co. uk/Our-Parks/Merley-Court-Holiday-Park. aspx

May be your best bet

You can get buses into Bournemouth from Wimborne or Use the park and ride

Bailey Pageant Bretagne Series 6 - LR Discovery Td5 Auto

For my final outing last year I stopped at the Shamba Holidays site for a couple of weeks. It’s really well planned and will keep the kids occupied too. I rate it very highly and amongst one of my all-time best places to stop for a week or two. Easy access, well maintained flat site. They don’t come much better than this one.

It is only 13 miles from Bournemouth Sea front: Ringwood Road East Moors Lane, St Leonards, Hampshire BH24 2SB.

I stopped off peak season on an ACSI discount card; the cost only averaged £12. 50 per night and that included; EHU, services and all amenities. You can read my review of the site at:

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/page/uk_campsite_reviews/_/south-east/hampshire/shamba-holidays-nr-new-forest-r104

Edited by WindlePoones

Twin Axle Fleetwood Heritage 640 EST - pulled by a dual fuel, (Petrol/LPG) BMW 528i Auto

Merley Court Park

http://www. shorefield. co. uk/Our-Parks/Merley-Court-Holiday-Park. aspx

May be your best bet

You can get buses into Bournemouth from Wimborne or Use the park and ride

Lovely site with various grades of pitches - we stayed there last year on a fully serviced pitch. Didn't use public transport so can not comment and we were there just before the main rush.

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Merley is a nice site but only outside pool and not much entertainment for children . As said Shamba or Forest Edge sites and a short drive to the park and ride at Littlestown Centre is quick and easy. I always use park and ride from Littlestown centre myself.

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Merley is a nice site but only outside pool and not much entertainment for children . As said Shamba or Forest Edge sites and a short drive to the park and ride at Littlestown Centre is quick and easy. I always use park and ride from Littlestown centre myself.

Dave

Littledown Centre is on outskirts of Bournemouth by the hospital. Convenient for those coming from Christchurch or Ringwood. Be aware that not all park and ride sites are open everyday Littledown is only open Sat & Sun.

Poolebob

Have you thought about any of the sites on the Isle of Purbeck ?

Easy access to Bournemouth via bus service on chain ferry and quite a few sites

Have a look at Ullwell Cottage

pompeyjazz

easy access via the chain ferry in August? No quite often long waits.

The Swanage to Bournemouth bus gets similarly packed if there is an event on.

From local knowledge wouldn't recommend it in August when the air show is on.

poolebob

Littledown Centre is on outskirts of Bournemouth by the hospital. Convenient for those coming from Christchurch or Ringwood. Be aware that not all park and ride sites are open everyday Littledown is only open Sat & Sun.

Poolebob

As Bob says not Littlestown as my tablet put . ....grrrrr.

Dave

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Dave,

Littlestown, that would be Lilliput then? He He!!!

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

We went to the Air Show a couple of years ago while staying on the Corfe Castle C&CC site. Easy train ride into Bournemouth from Wareham. You've also got Studland beach, Swanage railway and Monkey World to name but a few.

Thanks for all the feedback, I've got plenty of sites to look at now. I'm hopefully working at the airshow, I went alone last year but thought it would be good to take everyone this time. The kids are very young so are easily amused at the moment but I'm sure my 4 year old would love the planes.

Thanks again, I'll start looking into it properly.

2005 Citroen C8 2. 2Hdi

1990 Swift Conqueror 520/5