Serves Me Right

terry876

Hi

Went with the cheapest quote for my van insurance, Ark underwritten by Millburn

Well guess what they've gone pop. Had the papers from administer cancelling my policy. Great no insurance and lost 7 months premium to boot. Will choose the cheapest again.

Terry.

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

I have been getting quotes for my caravan insurance. The difference between the top and bottom quotes is about £140. My current company have dropped the cost of the premium by a few pounds but that still leaves their quote in the top half. Thinking along the lines of "you get what you pay for" I might just leave well alone. I would rather not have a cheap company going bust on me. Of course Insurance is always a minefield.

Since 2003 I have had claims which exceeded £19,000,( three major claims including a total loss and a 'no blame' accident)...........so wouldn't be without it.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Hi Geoff

Sounds like you are a bad risk. As to would I use the cheapest again you have to remember I'm a yorkshireman my middle name is Howmuch.

Terry.

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

Im a Yorkshire man as well and the thought of paying money out and getting nowt back for it horrifies me ;-)

It's not just the cost, got to think about what they are like if you have a claim. Web research helps with that. C and CC (which is actually a company called Vantage) have always been pretty cheap for me and my friend had a good claim experience with them. I had a great claim experience with NFU but they seem rather dear now.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Bit accident prone aren't you Geoff!! :D

What does NFU stand for?? :wub:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

What does NFU stand for?? :wub:

National Farmers Union. ....a mutual. ...........brilliant service,no quibbles on costings or delay on repairs etc. I was with Saga, for two of the 'smaller' claims and couldn't fault them on no quibbles or repairs.

geoff

p. s. Yes it does appear 'accident prone' but when you are out with 'van 90/100+ days a year the odds shorten somewhat!

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

National Farmers Union. ....a mutual. ...........brilliant service,no quibbles on costings or delay on repairs etc. I was with Saga, for two of the 'smaller' claims and couldn't fault them on no quibbles or repairs.

geoff

p. s. Yes it does appear 'accident prone' but when you are out with 'van 90/100+ days a year the odds shorten somewhat!

OOOHHH!! Not what I thought then! :ph34r:

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

geoff

I second that, had a misfortune with my previous caravan from submitting the claim to authorisation it take only 2 weeks. also the premium don't go up every year.