Motor Movers

SipsinCider

I have been in touch with Eterniti regarding having a motor mover fitted before I collect our new FB6 and they recommend the BPW mover at a wopping £2999! Now they may be good and all that, just thought I would see if there was anything better value for money?

I was wondering what motor movers others have had fitted to your vans and how much they cost?

Thanks

Keith

When we purchased our caravan last year we installed a Truma GO2 caravan mover at approx cost of £800, so far we are pleased on the way it performs.

Ian

£3,000 and I think they are taking you for a ride. We bought a Powrtouch some years ago for less than a 1/3 of that price.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Most four wheel movers are up in the £2000 bracket :o

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

3K is a lot of money for a mover.

We had a Rhyno mover fitted by Eterniti during manufacture of our van. It is designed for twin axle but only has one motor per side. They will fit two movers per side but were honest enough to say it doesnt make a significant difference and adds more weight, which may cause an issue with you max loading capability. Dont expect the same degree of manouverability with a twin axle compared to a single. Also look at how low the mover hangs from the chassis as some can ground out. Ours rides quite high and gives good clearance.

Ours works fine and we are pleased with it. Cost was £750 from the caravan show at NEC last year.

If you go for a single motor per side, get them to fit it to the rear wheels as you can then raise the front on the jockey wheel to reduce the contact of the front wheels. Eterniti fitted mine to the front wheels so cant do this. Sometimes however this has to be the case if the spare wheel carrier is in the way but worth asking.

Hope this helps. Rob

Edited by Rob N Judith

Hi

You could check these guys out http://www. midlandmotormovers. co. uk/

They are fitting a Reich mover to our IB4 at the factory before we collect it.

They have fitted lots of movers to Eterniti caravans, in fact they fit movers for Eterniti we saw them fitting movers in the yard when we went to look at the vans in the showroom. They are cheaper if you go direct.

Hope this helps

Tony

Hi

I have an AWD Evolution Powertouch fitted £2000 it work fantastic however the downside is the 60kg additional weight and like Rob N Judith mention it sits very low so i will be very careful when on site.

Gee