Going Green

colonel

I just looked at my van from the living room window (it's raining again) and I've noticed that it's gone all green along the top of the awning rail. No doubt I'll find more if I look but I cleaned my van a couple of months ago and it hasn't moved since because we've got fed up wth cold, wet fields.

A Fiat Doblo camper and a Lunar Ariva 2019
grace my drive.

Mine is exactly the same around the edges and will be cleaned before we rally this weekend.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Yes mine has a bit of the green stuff in places that will be removed before it resumes it's main purpose again. The weather will have get better before that happens though.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Ditto - it's like the forth bridge, as soon as it's been cleaned and all shiny, I feel I need to do it again :angry:

Hay Ho - grab a bucket and off we go !

Power unit at front all the time, Van behind (hopefully) some of the time unless I'm reversing then it's all the other way round . .... Or is it?

My previous caravans used to have roof gutters and at this time of year these were always full of green moss. My current caravan is a Bailey Unicorn, which has no gutters, and I don't get the green stuff any more, but what I do get is a huge amount of black streaks down the sides of the caravan. I guess I can't win really but at least the black streaks are more easily cleaned off the green moss.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Ours was the same gave it a quick wash yesterday as we are setting off tonight for a weekend away the first this year. :D

Edited by Chillipepper

Swift Freestyle S6 TD Pulled by a Land Rover Discovery 3 or SWMBO's Freelander 2.

Mine is immaculate. ...under its cover.:-)

+1

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

Our roof is half green and half clean. I did the half I could get to one sunny day a few weeks ago - it's rained ever since. ....... We've been away with it like that too. It's really embarrassing when we overtake lorries on the motorway or go under bridges. .......... :lol:

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.