Unicorn 2 First Service

Unicorn2

After reading lots of reports of people having various issues with new vans and their first service ext. , I was a little nervous as our new van went in for her own first service last week. Being new to caravanning, we come on here a lot to get advice and pick up tips, in fact it was here I learnt about the damp mattress saga and successfully got ours changed with no quibble or hassle. Van is back today from dealer and we were pleased to hear that everything was fine and best of all no damp.

We love our valencia, it's a great van, loads of storage, extra long comfy seats to lounge on, great bathroom, nice shower (which I use all the time btw) light and airy . ...the list goes on. Just waiting for next break in February to enjoy her cosy warm interior once again! Happy campers

My Cadiz also sailed through but, to be honest it had been back three or four times during the year for little niggles to be sorted. Quality vans that's for sure.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Pleased both of the vans have come back from the service ok and no damp to report.

Ours is currently at Bailey having warranty work done. Been away since the 2nd week in January and they wont return it to the dealer till end of February. What they are doing god only knows. Still it should be back soon so we can use it. Our target is use every month again this year. We missed July last year as the previous caravan was rejected and was sat at the dealers awaiting our business to be completed. Hope this year will be a full one

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Pleased both of the vans have come back from the service ok and no damp to report.

Ours is currently at Bailey having warranty work done. Been away since the 2nd week in January and they wont return it to the dealer till end of February. What they are doing god only knows. Still it should be back soon so we can use it. Our target is use every month again this year. We missed July last year as the previous caravan was rejected and was sat at the dealers awaiting our business to be completed. Hope this year will be a full one

Kev

Good luck when you get your van back, I hope all the warranty work is to your satisfaction

PS like the van without the eyebrows!!

Thanks for the good wishes, Bailey will probably put new eyebrows on, which will be off again very quickly

Kev

Kev H<p>Ford Transit Custom Campervan closely followed by a Lunar Lexon 640

Got mine back from 1st service on 23rd Nov, had large picture window (which was marked between the plastic sheets) replaced, gas leak fixed and broken plate rack clips on hob replaced under warranty, also worktop surrounding oven and over fridge replaced at our expense we damaged it when a plate dropped out of the overhead locker whilst on route to St Nazaire in France during June last year.

Got it back with all bits sorted however it went in immaculately clean and certainly wasn't in that state when I picked it up and the dealer tried to infer it was like that when they got it, after a few sharp words they realised they were wrong and I had to wait half an hour while they cleaned the inside.

On the up side no damp and everything in tip top order again and I have a fully completed service report to support this.

It was washed and placed under cover where it's been since I got it back home last Nov, but roll on 21st Feb when the cover comes off and we start our caravanning year again with our first outing of 2014, a long weekend away in the Yorkshire Dales at a site in Ingleton :)

Our U2 Valencia has its first service soon. Waiting for the fix for the bubbling wood effect ceiling trim. Off topic, but lots of people don't seem to like the'eyebrows', we actually like them and will be keeping them -are we unusual?

Our U2 Valencia has its first service soon. Waiting for the fix for the bubbling wood effect ceiling trim. Off topic, but lots of people don't seem to like the'eyebrows', we actually like them and will be keeping them -are we unusual?

I forgot to mention I had the bubbling also just where the ceiling curves by the picture window this was also replaced under warranty at the first service, looks as good as new again.

I don't think your unusual, I too like the eye brows, my wife noticed the caravan had a smiley face when we bought it.

Our Valencia had it's first service in October & not been out in it since. Got a full clean bill of health on everything except the ATC green led has stopped working & waiting for replacement from ALKO under warranty. We are planning a long weekend at local CC site mid Feb to check all systems are in full working order prior to our first week long trip to the Lakes at Easter.

Roll on summer

PS; I like the eyebrows too :D

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "