Car Insurance Abroad?

OLD NICK

Does anyone know of an insurance co that will insure a car for 9 mths travel within the eec

at a reasonable price. 90 days seems to be the maximum.

Caravan sorted no problem.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

I believe CC, NFU and SAGA start at 6 months but perhaps you can extend this.

Just a thought.

HTH

G.

Hi Nick, the CC do. I renewed my car policy yesterday with them and it included 9 months cover fully comp abroad.

I posted a thread on here last year about car insurance abroad and a lot of people said they were already covered under their current policy, so I told them to read the small print, I think most or all insurance companies cover for EU under their normal fully comp insurance, but when you travel in the EU it only covers you for third party. A lot of people assume because they have fully comp over here that they are automatically covered in the EU. this is not the case and most insurance companies, like my last one wanted an extra premium for the EU green card. As I said I have gone with the CC this year as it includes fully comp in the EU and was £31 cheaper ( go on Nick, Tight Yorkshire man,, I know)

PS hope your on the mend, Young W.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Just renewed my car policy with SAGA for 12 months unlimited cover in Europe - with no maximum stay. Very good premium. Previously had 12 month continuous cover -no maximum stay - through Stuart Collins broker (using AXA insurance) for many years but quoted me a fairly high premium this year so changed to SAGA

David and Barbara

Landrover Discovery with Hobby 495

Just renewed my car policy with SAGA for 12 months unlimited cover in Europe - with no maximum stay. Very good premium. Previously had 12 month continuous cover -no maximum stay - through Stuart Collins broker (using AXA insurance) for many years but quoted me a fairly high premium this year so changed to SAGA

Unfortunatly I don't qualify for saga, just yet, not far off tho. I know Old Nick qualifies. :lol:

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Hi Nick, the CC do. I renewed my car policy yesterday with them and it included 9 months cover fully comp abroad. I posted a thread on here last year about car insurance abroad and a lot of people said they were already covered under their current policy, so I told them to read the small print, I think most or all insurance companies cover for EU under their normal fully comp insurance, but when you travel in the EU it only covers you for third party. A lot of people assume because they have fully comp over here that they are automatically covered in the EU. this is not the case and most insurance companies, like my last one wanted an extra premium for the EU green card. As I said I have gone with the CC this year as it includes fully comp in the EU and was £31 cheaper ( go on Nick, Tight Yorkshire man,, I know)PS hope your on the mend, Young W.

Most people can not be bothered to read the small print and are unaware of the T&C on insurances.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Thanks for that BARCZYK just insured with saga 12 mths cover within the EEC no limited period & £150 cheaper than CC club

who will only cover for 90 days.

No wonder you never get the beers in young Walton. You spend all your money on insurance.

Coming along nicely now,improving weekly. Hope to be back on the road by july.{chemo permitting)

IT WON,T KEEP AN OLD UN DOWN FOR LONG. ;):P:D

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

No problem Nick. pleased to help

David

David and Barbara

Landrover Discovery with Hobby 495

Thanks for that BARCZYK just insured with saga 12 mths cover within the EEC no limited period & £150 cheaper than CC club

who will only cover for 90 days.

No wonder you never get the beers in young Walton. You spend all your money on insurance.

Coming along nicely now,improving weekly. Hope to be back on the road by july.{chemo permitting)

IT WON,T KEEP AN OLD UN DOWN FOR LONG. ;):P:D

Nice to hear your on the mend Nick, that's great news, I knew nothing would hold you down for long ( thank goodness). PS I got my insurance for £215 fully comp protected with the CC, so I did't think that was too bad.