Review: Dornafield

milkymarsh

Large pitches, all fully serviced. Very friendly, and nothing ever too much trouble with the wardens or owners. Brilliant local produce and best croissants outside of France. Great walks for the dogs, and only 20 mins from dartmoor. One of our favourite caravan sites, and it never gets boring going back there.

Kids actually ask to go back, and that's testament enough!

Click here to view the UK campsite review

Have they changed the layout of some of the serviced pitches? When I went I was on a pitch where the water/waste etc was shared by 2 vans and sited in between them half-way down the length of the van NOT at the rear as most sites do. Although my neighbour was OK it meant I had either to turn my van round and face a high wall 2/3 feet away which was not acceptable or feed my waste under the van and through the awning. Given the length of hose required it meant I had to 'empty' the hose every time we used it and it was a trip hazard.

Other than that agree with your review.

Sam :beardy:

We used to go there quite a bit. .. until the outfits from hell pitched up opposite one time and the site OWNERS were most unhelpful, failing to resolve the problem and refusing to allow us to move pitch.

You can request / reserve a pitch or two or three next to each other if travelling in a group so that's a plus. .. for some.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Sam - depends on where you go to. Blackrock copse its a shared area, but in buttermeadow (where we always stay) its at the rear of the van, and individual too.

Rodders - If you are down the end T buttermeadow it can get a bit tight when the unwashed turn up. Mind you, last year was the first year we experienced it, and the previous years were perfectly calm.

Interesting note I saw last night on the web is that its closed this winter until March, as I think they are redeveloping the camping field to cater for 9 two storey holiday appts. I quite liked walking through the orchard, so will be interesting to see what happens with the development

Thanks - hadn't realised it was just one area. You didn't mention the pub at the end of the road!!

Thanks - hadn't realised it was just one area. You didn't mention the pub at the end of the road!!

Ooh yes forgot about that, and must admit the beer is very nice too.

Two Mile Oak pub - http://www. twomileoakdevon. org. uk/

Food very good, but unless you want to eat at the bar, booking is recommended

Yep very good pub with large beer garden as well. Popped in there twice last year even though wasn't staying at Dornafield.

• 9 months later...

Hi All,

What a Great forum this is i have just re-joined after a few years absence and is great to be back :-) me and my family have been visiting Dornafield for over nine years and we love it a very safe site for children. It is a very clean and well looked after site with very friendly staff we are now lucky enough to have our own seasonal pitch which has taken years on the waiting list to acquire. Hi Milkymarsh could you please tell me how you know that Dornafield are going to develop the Camping field to cater for nine apartments as i have not heard anything about this ;-)

Cheers,

Chas. ;)

Cheers,

Chas ;)

Welcome Chas

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi All,

What a Great forum this is i have just re-joined after a few years absence and is great to be back :-) me and my family have been visiting Dornafield for over nine years and we love it a very safe site for children. It is a very clean and well looked after site with very friendly staff we are now lucky enough to have our own seasonal pitch which has taken years on the waiting list to acquire. Hi Milkymarsh could you please tell me how you know that Dornafield are going to develop the Camping field to cater for nine apartments as i have not heard anything about this ;-)

Cheers,

Chas. ;)

Chas - One of our favourite places too. Love the relaxed and safe feeling of the site, especially for the kids etc.

Here is the link to the original planning consent:

http://www. teignbridge. gov. uk/CHttpHandler. ashx?id=28168&p=0

I think its been renewed, but i heard that its not going to potentially happen for a bit due to cost etc

Welcome btw!

Hi Milkymarsh,

Thanks for the reply very informative i personally and my ten year old grandson hope it does not go ahead as we like Dorna as it is and remember it change can only be bad yes i am of the old school ;-)

Cheers,

Chas ;)

Hi Milkymarsh,

Thanks for the reply very informative i personally and my ten year old grandson hope it does not go ahead as we like Dorna as it is and remember it change can only be bad yes i am of the old school ;-)

I love walking through the orchard to pick up the fresh bread in the morning. Won't have the same local feel about it, if the development is completed. Still love the place though!

I love walking through the orchard to pick up the fresh bread in the morning. Won't have the same local feel about it, if the development is completed. Still love the place though!

Exactly couldn't have put it better myself :-) we will have to put Simon off the idea eh ;-)

Cheers,

Chas ;)