Washing Machine

tictag

If you got the 2. 0kg wash capacity version, they are great. The 1. 5's are pretty useless

I've had a twin tub in the motorhome for about four years - paid for itself many, many times over.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

I had one of these http://www. nigelsecostore. com/acatalog/portable-pedal-powered-washing-machine. html on my Christmas list but I don't think Santa could fit it down the chimney.

Will have to buy my own!!

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Ours is into its third year (thats 18 week years) and going strong. Much better if you have a serviced pitch or a drain close by.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

OK, OK, I give up! On my fourth hand wash load today and I'm truly sick of it! So I've just bought a washing machine!!! LOL

http://www. amazon. co. uk/dp/B00B0100BC[/size]

Wondered how good these were a while back, let us know what you think, what about a dryer to go in the awning - dont tell me you haven't got enough electric!

http://www. skcamping. com/index. php/home-accessories/sunncamp-dry-mate-fan-assisted-dryer. html

Will do. Maybe it'll just blow up when I plug it in or turn the microwave on! ;)

I don't mind the 'van looking like a Chinese laundry for a day or two. I've actually only ever put my awning up twice so far.

Looks like mixed reviews for the tub - I shall report back soon.

what IS camping coming to???

Any one got a Dishwasher yet?

We have been doing this for nearly 50 years and never felt the need for either. .

Even so most of the larger sites DO have laundry rooms and washing machines -- we have used these -

But to actually buy and bring a Washing machine on HOLIDAY. thats going a bit too far.

Yes we did have 4 kids - and nappies and all the rest still managed -- between us!!!

Edited by MauriceH

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

But we like to stay in fields with nought but a tap and a pooh hole!

50 years ago thats ALL you got !!!!

and you had to empty your Elsan bucket from the loo!!

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

50 years ago thats ALL you got !!!!

and you had to empty your Elsan bucket from the loo!!

I don't hand wash clothes very much these days due to arthritis makes it too painful. So tend to use on site facilities. We often use non facility sites when travelling but try and make sure we are on a site with laundry facilities every 10/12 days.

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

These young whipper snappers! Don't even know they're born! ;)

There are more important things in life than washing clothes, imho :)

If you're full timing, having an on-board washing machine makes perfect sense, convenient and saves money on using the site's laundry. Still have to dry the washing though and at this time of year, well.

2019 Adria Adora Thames

If you're full timing, having an on-board washing machine makes perfect sense, convenient and saves money on using the site's laundry. Still have to dry the washing though and at this time of year, well.

Drying not too much of a problem down here in Southern Spain !!! Our machine in use every week and saves us the 4€ for the site machines. As we have had the machine for some 5 years and it cost us, I think, around £60, well paid for itself.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

I once saw a dodge & a hobby caravan on a cl near pennistone, the dodge had a full sized tumble drier in the back plugged to site bollard

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Yeah, 2KG max load. One of those impulse purchases I usually regret but here's hoping. .. ;)

In my opinion, the best model - you can get a duvet cover in it or heavy jeans etc.

We swapped that model for a 3. 5kg but it does use a fair amount of water.

By the way, we have no shame in walking to the onsite laundry, filling our ten litre jerrican with hot water and using that.

Be careful if you go overseas and start using it outside - you will become a tourist attraction, especially with the Dutch. As a laugh one day, we had ours on the pitch from in Spain doing demonstrations. A lot of people ended up drunk as a result of a washing machine!

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

The amount of water to used and to be got rid of can halved if you use Ecozone Balls instead of detergent as the clothes don't need to be rinsed. We use these on long trips and although the cleaning may not be quite up to home standards, one good wash back home puts that right or alternatively wash the clothes at the van and take them to the communal sinks for rinsing and spin back at the van.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

We have had a twin tub washing machine (Purple Line?) now for some 6 years, would'nt be without it. It travels in the shower when on the road, and sits in the awning complete with a cover, when we are set up, and becomes a casual table for magazines etc. It cost some £80 when new and we have had our outlay repaid many times over when "on the road". It saves on the pocket, is more convenient than going back and forwards to the on site launderette, and is ideal for the weekly wash. Now if only I could find a rotary iron to use in the 'van and a domestic operator to use it!

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

I have had a small washing machine like these for about 4 yrs and it does a good job . Ideal in summer as problem then is getting clothes dry in a caravan without using sites driers.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

A dishwasher. ....hmmmmm. ... ;)

I can't find it now, but in an old Dometic/Waeco catalogue I had (about 2009), they had dishwashers and it clearly stated "dishwashers not for use in UK". I have no idea why.

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

what IS camping coming to???

Any one got a Dishwasher yet?

We have been doing this for nearly 50 years and never felt the need for either. .

Even so most of the larger sites DO have laundry rooms and washing machines -- we have used these -

But to actually buy and bring a Washing machine on HOLIDAY. thats going a bit too far.

Yes we did have 4 kids - and nappies and all the rest still managed -- between us!!!

You're absolutely right, what indeed is camping coming to.

I've managed for 30 odd years hand washing, but to be honest, anything that speeds up the process when on holiday has to be a good thing. I'm only coveting the pedal kind of washer, as we are often "off grid" but as we pack light and do the laundry every third day or so, if it can give me an extra hour or so per week of leisure time, it's got to be worth £60.

We have got an old fashioned "posser" that I found in an antique/junk shop. Cost me six pounds and is really efficient when hand washing. Our Dutch friends are quite jealous and all want one. Dutch people always wash by hand,even the sheets as they begrudge the money for the site washing machine. I do use the machine for sheets and towels and as we do the vast majority of our caravanning in Spain and France can always get things dry outside.

Sue