Removing Caravan Window

paul1966

I need to remove one of the front windows on our Fleetwood van. I thought they removed by undoing the stays and opening the window wide open but it does not free it from the rail across the van front, does the front rail have to come off?

Ford CMAX 1. 8 tdci towing 1993 fleetwood crystal

They are usually held in their position on the rail with a small clip either side to stop them sliding along the rail - slacken those, then remove the stays from the window frame. You should then be able to slide it along the rail to a position where it can be taken out, though you may need to undo one end of the rail and /or move other windows out of the way first.

Edited by Rita

when I did mine I needed to lift it way beyond the horizontal to unhook it.

knarf

tried lifting it up as high as it would go but it did not come off, there are fixing clips either side of the windows to stop them moving side ways but as the front of the van is slightly curved sliding them out is not possible. i think i'll take the stays off again and have a closer look at how its attached to the top rail

Ford CMAX 1. 8 tdci towing 1993 fleetwood crystal

If you imagine looking from the side of your van looking across all three windows they sit at around the 7'o clock position I had to lift mine past 11'o clock to get them to drop away from the rail, I had the wife inside holding the top of the window while I was on a pair of steps lifting the window up to remove.

Santa Fe cdx+ , fleetwood countryside 450-ek

They are usually held in their position on the rail with a small clip either side to stop them sliding along the rail - slacken those, then remove the stays from the window frame. You should then be able to slide it along the rail to a position where it can be taken out, though you may need to undo one end of the rail and /or move other windows out of the way first.

That's how mine are removed, had to unscrew one of the clips, remove it, then slide the window along.

Compass Shadow 1988

some you have to remove the hinge bar and window as one unit.

Gem Caravans (Fife) Ltd.

ALL MAKES SERVICING AND REPAIRS

BAILEY TRANSIENT WARRANTY, LUNAR AND COACHMAN WARRANTY

www. gemcaravancare.co.uk 07803 922945

WORKSHOP NOW OPEN

On a similar vein,I had to buy a window to replace the entrance door one (after I er. .hit something. ..er). Its glued and taped for now but when I get the chance I need to know how to get the seal and window out and back in. Google is a little lacking. Anyone had to do a door window before? John