Lets Help Each Other Out

silverfoxapparently

Cant we use our collective knowledge to create a section of the site where we can have legal FAQ's and warranty help?

Such as sales of goods act based on case studies?

Going to small claims court?

Challenging the old fashioned industry instead of being a part of this futile aquiescence where bank roll poor quality?

There is strength in numbers, and if we all want better built, better customer service, better industry then we ALL need to play our part.

This would NOT be an idea to jump on bandwagons, not to mud sling; but to provide the tools to the unknowing to stand their ground and get better.

What a great idea!

This is basically what I thought this forum was about - caravanners helping caravanners - a forum for caravanners by caravanners but it seems money (in all its manifestations) has got in the way

Pete
Range Rover(s) towing Buccaneer Caravel

What a great idea!

This is basically what I thought this forum was about - caravanners helping caravanners - a forum for caravanners by caravanners but it seems money (in all its manifestations) has got in the way

Not half.

Silverfox:.... forum owners are liable for anything and everything that is written on their forum. Hence why forums have mods. to keep everything above board.

Everything you ask for. .. is easily googled or someone has the experience. ..

we could if you wish, have a section on how to use a phone ;)

I think my Guardian Angel Drinks.

I was toying with the idea of giving details of a recent parking control notice that I've been involved with. Most of these can be successfully appealed with just a couple of emails even if you did park outside the terms displayed.

So yep, it gets my vote and if anyone needs a pointer or two with private parking control companies, give me a yell.

Ap

Would be fantastic for vanners with all makes of vans, the next big thing that we need to tackle is to be able to get to the maufacturer and not the dealer. After all the dealer did not build the unit nor purchased all theshowers,lights,ovens exectera.

I think the only issue with this is the venue chosen I. e. Caravantalk, I suspect the management will be extremely nervous about any such activity. We'll wait and see what they have to say if anything, if there are issues here, there are other places to go to achieve the same end.

Ap

I think Silverfox has the beginning of a good idea here. In my opinion it would be a great help to caravanners if there was an authoritative information resource giving advice on the legalities and appropriate processes involved in standing up for caravanners' rights. It would need to contain only general advice though because I don't think it would be helpful for anyone to discuss their own specific cases in a public forum such as this and discussion of individual legal cases could leave CaravanTalk itself open to legal consequences.

We fight not for glory, nor for wealth nor honours . ..

but only and alone we fight for freedom,

which no good man surrenders but with his life.

Good idea but I would walk away myself. ....sorry I will take advice and ponder on it. ...but there are a lot of people in the world with their own experiences but they do not come to a 'one size fits all' situation, wish they did. Forums are a sounding board but not always the answer. ...

If I wanted SoG information I would go to,say, Citizens Advise for this. .

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530