Towing With A Pickup Truck

henrypartridge

I asked Elddis if that would be OK for warranty. Got a reply directing me to a summary of the warranty on their website. That said warranty was invalidated if towing with "a commercial vehicle." I asked Elddis if my truck was considered by them to be commercial/ This is their reply

Thank you for your recent email enquiry regarding the warranty status when towing a Crusader twin axle caravan with your Isuzu vehicle.

We would advise that the tow bar on the vehicle must be of a height where the caravan remains level, as towing with the caravan front end raised can affect the operation of the braking system, thus invalidating the chassis warranty. For further advice and information on the compatibility of this outfit, we would respectfully suggest that contact is made with Tow Sure at whattowcar. com

So it sounds as though that would be OK, I have asked them to confirm, just out of interest. Will post their reply when I receive it.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

Does the vehicle have leaf springs or coil at the back as i am sure that some trucks caused the chassis to crack i think this was a few years ago.

And dont forget no potholes !!!!!

I used to tow with a Nissan navara ( and most main agents do )

2004 land rover discovery 2 td5 with a 2008 twin wheel compass rallye 636

Further reply:

Thank you for your further email.

Just to clarify, if the van is to be towed level, the warranty does indeed remain valid.

Kind regards,

Michelle Meek
Customer Care Department

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

• 2 weeks later...

I find it ironic that when most caravans are delivered from a manufacture they are delivered by a lorry with one on the back and one being towed behind it.

I find it ironic that when most caravans are delivered from a manufacture they are delivered by a lorry with one on the back and one being towed behind it.

let alone Bailey Retreats Dealer Delivered behind a 110 defender

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.

let alone Bailey Retreats Dealer Delivered behind a 110 defender

In fairness Retreats use Heavy duty Alko chassis's and meant to only be towed by commercial vehicles due to size/weight, though I can see where you was going with it! :)

I'm pretty sure the Burstwick trucks have their rear suspension upgraded to avoid 'whipping'

I'm pretty sure the Burstwick trucks have their rear suspension upgraded to avoid 'whipping'

no doubt, but its still a commercial vehicle, which was my original point.

Edited by Caravantech

Have you actually seen this???

not myself, BUT our season pitch neighbour had his delivered by the dealer with one. he himself owns landrovers too. the delivery driver apparently said its the worst tow he had ever done. which i am not suprised when the rear is beyond centre of the axles.

A seemingly problem free 2010 model Adria Altea 542dk that has more than its fair share of use.