Scratches To Windows

Daveg

:o Hi

Just come back from lakes, and have noticed some scratches to 2 of my windows ( off tree branches)

Can any one advise how to rub them out ( will car T Cut work ?)

Thanks

David

Hi Dave,

I've got some T-Cut Scratch Remover which is also made by Carplan.

The tube says it's for scratches on paintwork, enamels, most plastics, glass, ceramics, chrome, brass and stainless steel.

I actually bought it to remove scratches from CD's!

I've been meaning to try it on our caravan windows as whoever owned the van before us had obviously used something abrasive to clean them and is really noticeable in strong sunshine.

T-Cut should work a treat.

Be prepared for some elbow grease though!

I used some Farecla cutting compound and a professional buffer courtesy of a friend in the trade on my 10 year old Fleetwood, you could barely see out of the windows beforehand but afterwards they gleamed like new, even some deep scratches came out.

T-Cut is hard work :( . ..try & get some easy-cut (it washes off) :)

try some faracla G3 its much easier, if you can get hold of a buffer with a spunge pad so much the better, (but if you do take it easy)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Hi

I scratched all my windows down one side of the van by overhanging branches. Used Fenwicks scratch remover. It s a very slow and tedious job but it works if you keep at it. Tiny blob on a duster and working round in tiny circles along the scratch with even pressure. polish off and start again. Depending on how deep the scratches are will determine how many times you will need to go over the same spot. It is worth it in the end.

Emma

If they are minor scratches try toothpaste.(not gel) use a soft cloth & rub gently. we've used it several times on small scratches.

Mary

Many years ago I bought a bottle of 'Plastic Scratch Remover' produced by Star brite.

I have used this on caravan windows with no problems. Simply apply and then clen off, no hard rubbing or anything.

Used it last week on a scratch on the plastic infill to the drinks unit in my new caravan. Scratch removed in about 20 seconds.

Trouble is I am not sure if it is still available

Generally any liquid that's lightly abrasive, and contains particles softer than the acrylic of the window, should work, hence the use of brasso, silvo, toothpaste etc. Whatever you use, remove all traces of it with thorough washing after polishing out the scratch.

See also this product.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Duraglit padding works as well.

Archived