Awning Repair

Caballero

Hi

Well winters here and the mice have moved into the garage and I now have 3 x 1cm little holes in my Inaca awning.

Can anyone recommend a repair company in the North West Midlands Wolverhampton area.

Sorry if i'm covering old ground

Regards

Hi Caballero. I do not wish to be seemingly making light of you unfortunate and possibly expensive misfortune,but.

Believe me, I am speaking from experience. For over 30 yrs I had an upholstery business based at my home with a very large workshop at the rear. Essentially it was used for cutting,sewing and preparation work as a great deal of my work was outside of my own location and up and down the country.

I had one and one only very expensive experience when the little beggars got in during the first winter frosts of the first year in use. They went right through a roll of 25mtrs of a rather expensive velour. They gnawed their way right through and into the cardboard tube and set up residence there.

I then got myself a cat. She was a rescue kitten from the Cats Protection League. The very smell of a cat and the mice do not want to hang about.

She had the total freedom of the workshop via a cat-flap and her own little spot complete with litter tray,food and water.

She was succeeded by others and I never had an issue, nor did I ever see mice droppings in there until finally I retired.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

Hi

Well winters here and the mice have moved into the garage and I now have 3 x 1cm little holes in my Inaca awning.

Can anyone recommend a repair company in the North West Midlands Wolverhampton area.

Sorry if i'm covering old ground

Regards

Hi and welcome to the forum. I've used these guys - www. canvasrepaircentre. com/, not for a repair but a re-sizing (enlarging) of our awning to fit the new van. Very happy with the work, the stitching is almost indistinguishable from the original and it has proved totally water tight.

They arranged a courier to collect it and returned via courier on receipt of payment. They are in Burton on Trent, so may be close enough for you to visit in person.

A little further from you is Thomas Tarpaulins at Prees Heath. Rescued our Easter one year when the awning blew over the roof and ripped the plastic receivers for the cross bars away from the canvas!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

http://www. canvasrepaircentre. com/

Endorse this company, re-sized an Isabella awning for me,excellent job. they also REPAIR AWNINGS

nissan xtrail tekna 173 . ....SERIES 2 UNICORN VALENCIA 2013

Get some McNetts Tenacius Tape, we fixed our awning with this and that was 4 year ago, also patched up the caravan cover on the outside and in all weathers this stuff really works.

Connie

Thank you all for the advise.

Going to try the tape first if not it's a trip to Burton on Trent

Regards

Phil