Camping Almafra Benidorm

Just a bit of info really, we are going to Almafra for 4 weeks in March & I notice that it has TV points on its pitches. Has anyone used these & if so what leads are needed,

thanks Steve.

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

I can't help with the info you request re Camping Amafra but, for what it is worth, we were at Camping Benisol in Benidorm last year and there were TV points on the power bollards. You connected your TV to the TV point with a conventional UK TV cable. In addition to the Spanish programmes you could also pull in 3 or 4 UK programmes including BBC and ITV.

Volvo V70/Lunar Clubman 475/2 CKW

When we were at AlMafra about 4 years ago on the rally, we used the plug in and got basic Brit TV as well as a few others. Just a very long co-axial cable from TV through window or vent to the socket. There are some questions about TV reception in Spain after this February as the signal sats are changing to limit the footprint cluster to home. Don't know if it will affect this kind of reception. Not a bad site but a bit far out of town although No 10 bus is handy and very cheap.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

We're on Almafra now. You need an ordinary areal cable - anything will do as long as it has a screw connector on the bollard end.

You need a TV which can switch to analogue signal for the UK TV channels. ITV Newcastle region, BBC1 NE region, Channel 5 NI region, Sky News, CBS, CNN. You get some Spanish digital channels too. The UK TV signal is transmitted locally under licence. You will be able to watch Emmerdale, East Enders and Corree - Whoopeee!! OR go to the excellent bar and have very cheap drink and reasonable food, entertainment too.

Ern

Thanks for the info everybody, I am happily married to someone who never watches soaps although she does like most of the cookery, bakery, food programmes that seem to be on most days as witnessed by my expanding waistline. ;) .

My main interest is News & current affairs plus Moto GP & highlights of Formula 1. Cant stand watching a full one.

So it looks like the bar will be getting two more regulars. :)

I gave you duff info yesterday - it's BBC London. It was 25deg here yesterday so I was probably doo-lally with the heat, however it was only 23 today.

Ern

Cheers Ern, I've ordered a 10 m coax lead & some coax to F - plug adaptors for the caravan input in the battery box so hopefully will be able to get something from home even if its in a foreign language ( London) ;) .

Hopefully the weather will be still ok by the time we get there on March 3rd.

Steve.

on our site near Conil we are told that the UK prtogrammes are probably going to disappear in the next 2/3 weeks due to the satelitte changes.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

The signal is not transmitted to the pitches via a satellite at Almafra, but via a cable. It is transmitted by a licensed supplier. Quite a few sites in Spain do this, and of coarse there is a cost to the site if it's done legitimately.

Ern

• 1 month later...

post-66283-0-16240800-1394487210_thumb.jpgWe will be at Almafra with our tourer from April 3rd for 31 days. We were there two years ago and had five English TV programmes. I am hoping they still have them, with the new satellite problems. My wife will be lost without them. We had to use the cable directly to our TV as it did not work via the caravan plug in. Does anyone know if the programmes are still available? Or should we bring a load of DVDs.

Benidorm-2012. jpgWe will be at Almafra with our tourer from April 3rd for 31 days. We were there two years ago and had five English TV programmes. I am hoping they still have them, with the new satellite problems. My wife will be lost without them. We had to use the cable directly to our TV as it did not work via the caravan plug in. Does anyone know if the programmes are still available? Or should we bring a load of DVDs.

Yes still available although picture quality pretty rubbish and grainy, we just left there two days ago and satellite reception with an 85 cm dish is possible with several BBC 1 regions available and ITV 1 &3, Channel 5, 5 USA & Channel 4 HD

2022 Pilote P696GJ for European touring-  2022 Coachman VIP 565 for touring the UK towed by a 2022 Skoda kodiaq Sportline 4x4 dsg 200PS

hello steve,

just looking through the stories and came across yours which interested me we are going to benidorm for Christmas and staying a few weeks the site your on is it open all year and are you on a bus route into benidorm please we do know benidorm. which would you say is the best way to travel with a caravan through france or ferry to spain. thank you.

hello steve,

just looking through the stories and came across yours which interested me we are going to benidorm for Christmas and staying a few weeks the site your on is it open all year and are you on a bus route into benidorm please we do know benidorm. which would you say is the best way to travel with a caravan through france or ferry to spain. thank you.

The site is open all year.

which way to travel depends whether you get sea sick or not, I need a mill pond so going the long way as I call it, through France is my preference. I did the sea crossing once and never again, for me and I do it a lot is the shortest and cheapest crossing, especially in December. Other will write they had no problem but I did and will not take the chance again.

I live not far from Benidorm and I have not seen 25 deg this year 15 or 16 is the norm here at the moment we still have the heating on at night.

As an aside we change our currency in the indoor market as you get a good rate, so if you need to change bring sterling with you

thanks steve yes i understand what you mean we have travelled long journeys by sea and have been hit and miss,we do love benidorm i know sheilas in the indoor market but we have never taken our caravan there this will be a first. thank you for your reply.