Proper Howard And Hilda Now

cugsy

We've joined the C&CC. They have more sites in east anglia,so better for us. Saved 3 quid too. ..

Who are Howard and Hilda then?

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Yeh!! Must have matching cardies!! :D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Anoraks and galoshes too. Or even cagoules. .and sandals. .matching tartan flasks etc

It must be 100 years ago that was shown. ..........understand now re-shown on BBC3. ........

But how is the C&CC anything to do with it?

geoff

Be aware - CC members wear socks with their Crocs, C&CC don't so easy to identify !! Not sure who wears the matching cardies.

Bill

We've joined the C&CC. They have more sites in east anglia,so better for us. Saved 3 quid too. ..

Give the DAs & THS a tryout, could save even more and find some of the best camping available.

Be aware - CC members wear socks with their Crocs, C&CC don't so easy to identify !! Not sure who wears the matching cardies.

Bill

Not with Crocs or Sandles either. ......ever,ever. ...........

geoff

District Association - that'll be on your membership card and they organise LOADS of rallies. THS is a Temporary Holiday Site when either the District Association or one of the sub-clubs of the C&CC (for example the British Caravanners Club or BCC) take over part of a site, or a school playing field or rugby club for three or four weeks and charge comparatively little for the benefit of camping there.

For example, we stay at a THS at Hendra Holiday Park in Newquay every Easter Holidays organised by the BCC. Next year's will cost us £10 per night including electricity against the cost of staying with Hendra direct which is about £24 per night.

When you've read your magazine, all will become clear.

Still not sure what it has to do with Howard and Hilday, but it's good to hear that Ever Decreasing Circles is being repeated. Must seek it out . ..... dear old Richard Brier (RIP).

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

Howard and his missus were just how I saw me and my missus now we've become caravan people in a club. Sort of the bottom of the nerd barrel. Cue the backlash

Howard and his missus were just how I saw me and my missus now we've become caravan people in a club. Sort of the bottom of the nerd barrel. Cue the backlash

You have just joined humanity, nothing else.

geoff

No backlash but I usually meet Howard and Hilda in other places . .... not caravanning! At least, not yet!

The traveller sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see (GK Chesterton)

There's no such thing as bad weather, only the wrong equipment (Alfred Wainwright)

No backlash but I usually meet Howard and Hilda in other places . .... not caravanning! At least, not yet!

oh you will!

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Ever decreasing circles BBC4 tonight at 8pm. ..

Geoff

I can vouch for the fact that not all c & cc members are the nerdy quiet retiring types.

I used to know a couple of members who celebrated their being together in club sites information huts.

It started out as somewhere to be together without disturbing the kids in the van, I think they got to like it though.

Took the shine off looking for leaflets for days out for me. I always think nookie hut when I see one.

Bet that doesn't happen on CC sites,

Ford "FutureTaxi". less bhp than last year, sticky toffy down seat rail. Towing big white box with comfy seats and some steak knives from daughters boyfriend.

I can vouch for the fact that not all c & cc members are the nerdy quiet retiring types.

I used to know a couple of members who celebrated their being together in club sites information huts.

It started out as somewhere to be together without disturbing the kids in the van, I think they got to like it though.

Took the shine off looking for leaflets for days out for me. I always think nookie hut when I see one.

Bet that doesn't happen on CC sites,

Is that "vouch for" in the same terms as "I'm speaking on behalf of a friend. .." ;)

Edited by F70100

Freelander 2 and Bailey Unicorn Valencia (Classic Edition. ..)