Pembroke Dock

anto

Hi all

I am looking for a site to overnight on after coming off the ferry at Pembroke, it will be 12 45 am and so the site will have to be OK with this and as near to ferry as possible . this will be in July

Thanks for any suggestions

Ant

ant

It is perhaps too late to arrive at a site. Could you not get a different crossing?

EDIT

Try Lower Nash Farm, Pembroke Dock on Tel: 07854 950499

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Or you could drive home????

No traffic

Edited by Jslocks

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Are you in a caravan or motorhome?

As far as I know there is no space at Pembroke Docks for overnighting, but there is an ASDA a couple of hundred yards away.

Russell

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

Home is Ireland going to Cornwall for hols :)

Going to Cornwall when you live in such a great place as Ireland???

We love coming but it is so expensive now.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

I believe that Russ is right re the lack of overnight parking at the port in Pembroke Dock. There is an Asda close by, but it's a small store and I am not sure about parking a van there.

I am not sure if any sites would be happy to see you rolling up at 1am, so you may have to push on. If you are happy to consider a car park type location Carmarthen could be an option, there is a large Morrisons at Pensarn, big car park, it's quiet as the store shuts at 9pm. There are a few other car parks nearby, Halfords, Farm foods or the farmers mart or the show ground in Johnstown, Carmarthen. The show ground may be an option as they have events at the location and they allow people to camp, I don't know how good the facilities are though. I know the Carmarthen area quite well, it's a quite part of the world so you shouldn't have any hassle.

There are a few lay-bys on the A40, but it would be noisy.