How Do These People Stay In Business ?

Tandem Man

In another post I was asking about the Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer.

We went to the local Vauxhall dealers a day or two back to recce the situation.

I have just been looking at some on-line reviews of the said establishment and they are all exclusively absolutely appalling.

I know that "forum skew" can give misleading views but you would thing there would be one or two good reviews here and there.

Think I will be looking elsewhere,

Ian

I have just been looking at some on-line reviews of the said establishment and they are all exclusively absolutely appalling.

I know that "forum skew" can give misleading views but you would thing there would be one or two good reviews here and there.

Ian

No disrespect. ......................But you seem to have a regular problem with Car Dealers. :blink:

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/90837-passat-alltrack-mileage-to-tow/?p=976553

I'm confused with your post. .........You paid the dealer a visit and looked at the on line dealer reviews after your visit. What was your experience of the dealer. (Even though you probably had no intention of purchasing a vehicle) :ph34r:

Edited by Gaz40

Ha,ha yes I do don't I ? :D

Perhaps I am a perfectionist and expect too much

To be fair I haven't dealt with this Vauxhall dealer yet,apart from a walk round and a chat.

Having said that I don't think I will be doing.

Ian

But have you yet been to the dealers and seen the cars and spoken to them?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

But have you yet been to the dealers and seen the cars and spoken to them?

As said,yes we have visited for a browse round and a chat to a salesman.

We shall see.

Ian

Ha,ha yes I do don't I ? :D

Perhaps I am a perfectionist and expect too much

To be fair I haven't dealt with this Vauxhall dealer yet,apart from a walk round and a chat.

Having said that I don't think I will be doing.

Ian

So why be so arrogant to condemn a establishment from a casual chat. ...............Maybe you need to find some better activity to fill your Saturdays. ............ ;)

I think the hobby that you participate in, is called "Tyre Kicking" :D

Edited by Gaz40

So why be so arrogant to condemn a establishment from a casual chat. ...............Maybe you need to find some better activity to fill your Saturdays. ............ ;)

Sorry to have offended you.

I shall think twice before posting in future.

Ian

Sorry to have offended you.

I shall think twice before posting in future.

Ian

You haven't offended me at all and I will be the first to criticise any establishment when good money is passed over for poor goods or service, but unfortunately with some folks it can just turns into sport. ;)

Edited by Gaz40

I've owned six Vauxhalls over the years, living in different parts of the UK. Levels of customer service across the Vx dealer network are anything BUT consistent. Some are just utter swines and incompetent to boot. Others are salt of the earth & can't do enough to help you.

Unfortunately I've never lived in Yorks so can't advise you where to go locally. Don't give up on Vx - just find a dealer you're happy with.

2007 Bailey Pageant Burgundy S6. 2009 Insignia Elite 2. 0 petrol turbo 4x4 - pulls like a train but guzzles juice!

I've owned six Vauxhalls over the years, living in different parts of the UK. Levels of customer service across the Vx dealer network are anything BUT consistent. Some are just utter swines and incompetent to boot. Others are salt of the earth & can't do enough to help you.

Unfortunately I've never lived in Yorks so can't advise you where to go locally. Don't give up on Vx - just find a dealer you're happy with.

Your input from actual experience should be of benefit to the original poster (OP) for a future purchase of this product.

Funny thing is and from interpretation of the OP from his posts above and reply's to other posts, there has been no commitment of a purchase to any dealer but just a passing inquiry. so I cant see what's to "Give Up"

Edited by Gaz40

Ian

Would it be the one near Chantry Bridge? I went with my brother a couple of years ago to look at cars and were completely ignored by the staff - even when obviously looking for a sales rep to chat with about a car. Ended up going elsewhere

2015 Ford Kuga CDTI Titanium X, towing an Elddis EX2000 Hurricane.

I thought it was just vauxhall in Truro that had the ignore and don't look up from the computer screen policy! Didn't realise it was a national policy.

Hi All,

I'm afraid my experience echoes that of other dissatisfied customers as I had absolutely awful experiences with dealerships and, worst of all, their head office. I would still buy a vauxhall, though on this occasion I didn't it was for other reasons .

I did find one dealership which treated me as though they wanted to sell me a car and that is the dealership off Scotswood road in Newcastlle, they were very good,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Your input from actual experience should be of benefit to the original poster (OP) for a future purchase of this product.

Funny thing is and from interpretation of the OP from his posts above and reply's to other posts, there has been no commitment of a purchase to any dealer but just a passing inquiry. so I cant see what's to "Give Up"

Cheers Gaz, but for such a high value (even potential) purchase the salespeople should view every passing enquiry as a sales lead. I don't think ANY normal private buyer commits to purchase on initial enquiry. I've NEVER bought a new car - I always go for "nearly" new & (as such) I have additional quesions about history etc. .. Even second hand (or demonstrator) I've wanted to go away & think about it.

Part of my point was don't give up on Vauxhall as a whole just because of one ****** dealer.

On the plus side, I've looked at a Vauxhall in the past on Network Q that was hundreds of miles away. The local dealer found ALL the info on it. I agreed to buy it on that basis. They agreed to have it transported down & make sure it lived up to their description. It did - they even chucked in 12 months tax, a tow bar & some top end car mats. The down side was they wouldn't budge on the screen price BUT (given the free tow bar & their moving it several hundred miles) that's more than fair enough!

I thought it was just vauxhall in Truro that had the ignore and don't look up from the computer screen policy! Didn't realise it was a national policy.

It's not national Sleepyfolk. With my remap I've had advice from different dealerships within the network. Some have advised me to steer clear of others - the dealerships themselves know which ones are good & which ones are duds.

EDIT: Ian's post above. Head office is their weak link. I've had warranty issues wth Luton and couldn't believe how difficult they were to deal with. TIP from experience: request FULL names, escalate to manager. That usually works. With ongoing problems request a single point of contact.

Edited by RhayaderSax

2007 Bailey Pageant Burgundy S6. 2009 Insignia Elite 2. 0 petrol turbo 4x4 - pulls like a train but guzzles juice!

Because the Vauxhall dealership is so good here in stroud Glos would not buy anything else other than a vauxhall, on our second new car and the salesman Phil is just one of the best. I mean 100,000 mile warranty. .0% finance its a no brainer.

Would buy an Antara but just such a boring looking car. ....

Cheers Gaz, but for such a high value (even potential) purchase the salespeople should view every passing enquiry as a sales lead. I don't think ANY normal private buyer commits to purchase on initial enquiry. I've NEVER bought a new car - I always go for "nearly" new & (as such) I have additional quesions about history etc. .. Even second hand (or demonstrator) I've wanted to go away & think about it.

Part of my point was don't give up on Vauxhall as a whole just because of one ****** dealer.

Ian

I cant see any reason to condemn a dealer with a statement of "How do these people stay in business" from a stroll through the showroom. Also the dealers staff couldn't have ignored this gentleman due to his own statement that he had a chat with them.

Of course folks pop in to a dealership to view a vehicle with the possibility of a purchase, crunch some numbers, take a road test in a demo and then walk away because of some reason or another, but not many condemn a dealer from a chat and a stroll around the showroom.

No reasons were given by the OP other than a internet review to back up his statement.

Edited by Gaz40

Dealerships also, do change personnel, which can have a dramatic impact on how they are viewed at an given moment.

My local (not vauxhall) dealership have 'lost' their service reception manager. It's like having your right arm cut off. He would always 'sharpen his pencil' when it came to charging for service and repairs. Now after 20years of sensible priced work, I am faced with. ..'it's a fixed price' from the newbies. Grrrr.

Would it be the one near Chantry Bridge? I went with my brother a couple of years ago to look at cars and were completely ignored by the staff - even when obviously looking for a sales rep to chat with about a car. Ended up going elsewhere

Yes that's the one.

Does anyone have any views on JCT 600 Vauxhaul in Castleford ??

You can PM me if necessary.

Ian.

We buy new and I will make my purchasing decision based on many weeks walking through show rooms and getting a feel for different makes and models.

I agree some dealerships just don't want to now if all you are after is information and a look around a model.

That's fine by me, they just loose me as a customer because even if I decide to buy one of their brands vehicles I'll find another dealer.

This has happened to me on numerous occasions and even last year. BMW Stratstone Derby couldn't really be bothered to arrange a sit in a few different models to try seating. The salesman actually said why don't we come back when we know what we want. Can you believe that?

BMW Sytner Nottingham were not the cheapest but couldn't do enough for us, They got the sale.

Cheers

Lee

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

We buy new and I will make my purchasing decision based on many weeks walking through show rooms and getting a feel for different makes and models.

I agree some dealerships just don't want to now if all you are after is information and a look around a model.

That's fine by me, they just loose me as a customer because even if I decide to buy one of their brands vehicles I'll find another dealer.

This has happened to me on numerous occasions and even last year. BMW Stratstone Derby couldn't really be bothered to arrange a sit in a few different models to try seating. The salesman actually said why don't we come back when we know what we want. Can you believe that?

BMW Sytner Nottingham were not the cheapest but couldn't do enough for us, They got the sale.

Cheers

Lee

Hi Lee,

Sytners get my vote as well as I have never experienced customer service like it, they were simply spot on. I like it when the dealer principle puts his contact details on the home page of their website which makes him easily contactable,

regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Back in 1991 I saved enough money to buy my first brand new car. ... I wanted a Land Rover Discovery. .I went to the nearest land rover dealer in Cheltenham called LEX Mead, not trading now so I can name names. .salesman could hardly be bothered to get out of his chair,eventually arranged a test drive for later that day,just went up the road and around the block. ...so I went to another dealer in the county. ..he says take the demonstrater out for the day !! for the day ? I say !! yep he got the sale !! Thank you Mr Fews. .

Must something in the air at Nottingham, I bought our car from there, Sandicliffe, cheapest price in the country.

I had indifference from the Doncaster and Mansfield dealers and poor discount offers.

My own experience with a new vehicle and 3 different Vauxhall dealers was that they were all appalling. Vauxhall Customer Don't Care Services themselves are beyond belief, no matter what the problem is they are trained to blame the customer and when you challenge the inaccurate and misleading information they supply they then become quite rude and offensive.

Vauxhall. ..never again !!!!!

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

No recent experience of an Vauxhall garages but when seeking my current car I had poor experiences all round.

We wanted to look at the Audi Q5. Visited Edinburgh Audi, Stirling Audi and Ayr Audi . .. still waiting for someone to actually speak to me! Taggarts Land Rover in Motherwell were the same. While the salesman at Parks Land Rover in Ayr was very rude about my trade in (Skoda Yeti) so much so the test drive started and ended in the car park!

I did buy from Arnold Clark (!!), service has been so so, paperwork issues left right and centre but at least they seemed to want to sell cars.

My previous 5 Skodas all came from a small family run business, West End Skoda in Uphall, and I know I was truly spolit there, first class service and personal attention at all times. When Skoda launch their larger SUV I'll be back!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design