6 Kg Calor :)

Happy feet

Hi ime looking for a 6kg empty calor bottle to exchange for a light wieght one or. 7 kg butane live in doncaster anyone local with one in the shed plz sell it me thanks

I swapped a 6Kg light at go-outdoors this week and they were only swapping light for light. Beware, I was told at the NEC show by a nice lady on the calor stand that there was a shortage of light bottles.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Hi . ... try going to your local council dump . ..... sorry, re-cycling place . ....

You may be able to pick one up for nowt . .... or slip the attendant a fiver . ....

. .... or have a look on Free-cycle or Gumtree . ....

Cheers

Pete

Mine : Land Rover Defender 90, big, black and shiney.
Polly's : Land Rover Discovery Sport, HSE in Scotia Grey . .......
Towing : A 2011 Coachman Pastiche 545, on the driveway . ....... and now a CT Ninja, too.

I swapped a 6Kg light at go-outdoors this week and they were only swapping light for light. Beware, I was told at the NEC show by a nice lady on the calor stand that there was a shortage of light bottles.

This has featured for months on this site. .........still plenty of active postings.

You may find that the local 'dump' will not give you a bottle any more, even for money. .....there are quite rigid rules for who can collect from them,mainly original suppliers or their authorised agents. ......

Is your weight so critical that a Lite is the only answer?

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

No Geoff wieght isn't a problem but going to two bottles as doing france in July for 23 nights so plenty of bbq

Edited by Happy feet

I bought one at a car boot sale but if you ask nicely (with a big jar/tin

of Nescafe in your hand) at your local recycling centre . ....

Edited by gumdrop

Check your local place will swap a steel for a lite before you get lumbered with a useless steel bottle. No one round me will swap steel for lite. So I have a steel one sat doing nothing.

Edited by cma

What is so hateful about the 6kg steel?........OK they have been around for perhaps 50 years, or more, and we all managed with them until a handful of years ago when Lites came on the market. ...does the weight increase have so much difference on your outfit?.........I can understand that some people with lifting difficulties may have a problem but the average caravanner??

There are already two more threads running on this site at the moment, in which Calor have contributed, so it does seem to annoy lots of people that they are not freely available. .........

By the way, as an aside, have you got the Calor App on your phone/iPod? Does help in finding dealers if you are off your normal patch. ....Flogas have one too.

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I have one I don't use anymore - got a Safefill bottle instead.

You are welcome to have it FOC.

I will be passing along M180/M18 this Friday afternoon if that is any help to you?

Les

They will at my end swap a steel for a light

Let me know which branch that is might have to give them a visit.

Hi ime looking for a 6kg empty calor bottle to exchange for a light wieght one or. 7 kg butane live in doncaster anyone local with one in the shed plz sell it me thanks

Hi Happy feet,

If you are looking for a new Calor Lite or 7kg Butane, our Calor centres will be able to help you to locate available stock, even if you do not have an empty bottle to exchange. Your nearest Calor centre is in Barnsley and if you give them a call, they will be able to tell you where you can find a Calor Lite bottle in your local area. Their telephone number is 01226 201 332.

Thanks,

Jodie