Devastated !

Happy feet

Whilst minding my own biusness on a round about,a women decided to share my lane,ps. ive nothing against women,but she took me out at around 30mph full on the side of my beloved tug. me and the daughter was t boned and of no fault of our own,my daughter was my main concern and once discharged from ae I looked at my motor 2. 0 tdci titainium 2008 mondeo mint condition may I say is very poorly lol but she accepted 100% blaim so hopefully my car will be repaired soon

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People often accept blame at the scene, until they speak to a bar room lawyer then they come out with a pack of lies

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Yet female drivers are shown to be safer drivers than men. It was the person that hit your car not the sex :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

What was she doing away from the kitchen?

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

Yet female drivers are shown to be safer drivers than men. It was the person that hit your car not the sex :)

Hmmm, you need to travel in the car with my wife :unsure:

"The tree honey. ...", "The tree. ..", "TREE", "***** TREEE" *Bish*... "Did you not see the tree?" :o

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Yes it's a well known fact that lady drivers are safer than men, they have fewer accidents but cause thousands lol

Tin hat on in shelter.

Terry

Lunar Delta RS, Ford Explorer. Ford Ranger

Could be worse, try getting the Mrs to park on the drive. ...

And for clarity, here is the survey for the Man v Woman debate

But I would agree, I am a man :lol: (lighten up girls, it's Friday)

Edited by Honk

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

She has admitted full blame /responsibility to her Insaurance so hopefully there shouldn't be to many problems pol ice soon on scene with paramedics so hopefully there won't be to many problems

Edited by Happy feet

I would say the ability to remain in the intended lane is not gender specific from my experience.

It unfortunately does appear to be age related, older drivers seem to be fixated on the exit of a section of road and oblivious of what the route is to that point.

I hasten to add I consider myself to be in the "older drivers" group, I just hope I am never guilty of the complaint.

Coachman Amara 520/4 2003

LR Freelander 2 XS SD4 2. 2 Auto Indus Silver

Border Collie and ES Spaniel (with nothing between its ears)

I had someone reverse into the side of my car, she excepted full responsibility.

No witnesses, so a few weeks later she is disputing the claim, and my insurance settled 50/50. I asked them why, they said no independent witnesses. I said, well she could have said whatever she liked then, and my insurance agreed saying and I quote "When no independent witnesses we almost always settle 50/50."

A few years ago my car was parked on the drive when someone decided to do a 3 point turn but use my drive. While reversing hit accelerator instead of brake and smashed whole rear end. Insurance finally after 6 months settled in my favour as he said I reversed into him. Problem for him as my car was awaiting new drive shaft! But people try anything.

Sadly things are not always as we believe them to be!

Wife stopped at "T" junction and was hit from behind. Young lady driving a VW. Accepted full responsibility. Exchanged addresses, phone numbers and Insurance details.

Only problem was the car number plates were not the correct ones, the Insurance Company had never heard of her or, of course, her car and the address was false!

All that from an innocent friendly young driver.

Our Insurance had no claim against anyone else so paid for the repair of our car - not a lot of damage to be honest.

Although the address was false I decided to ring the telephone number my wife had been given. A woman answered the phone and I asked to speak with Lisa (She had given that as her name). The response was that Lisa was out and I should ring back later.

Now ok - just a coincidence but maybe not. I contacted my Insurance and the police and asked for some investigation.

Not a chance! Surely someone could have found the real address for the phone, called round, asked neighbours and established if Lisa with a damaged car lived there!

I accept that perhaps the police and the Insurance have more urgent matters to deal with but surely that's part of the danger. Those who regularly flaunt the law and get away with it simply continue and the innocent victims suffer.

I really hope you have no issues with your claim. Having another witness would have been good or even taking pictures of the position of both cars on a phone!

Insurance companies actually warn never to accept blame of course so let's hope things work out.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Had an experience a few years ago it escalated and when I said to my Barristers that the other drive said it was his fault, apparently it means nothing as it's said at the time I forgot the legal term. Always better to call the Police. Shame the world we live in now.

A young lady who works with me was sat at a roundabout that has traffic lights during peak times when a taxi ran into the back of her. Despite there being a police patrol car in the queue & the pc confirming that he witnessed the accident & that the taxi driver was 100% at fault, this numpty has denied responsibility & it is now proceeding to a court case !

The mind boggles !

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

I stopped to help a girl who had hit ice and run off the road, she sat in my car until her mother came, On Saturday morning the police arrived at my door I was being accused of leaving the scene of accident I caused. Cheeky little B****ch

The camera on the dash told a different story.

Connie

I got cut up several years ago - lot of damage to the Lexus, no damage to the Discovery, just a few little scratches on the black plastic wheels arches.

driver claimed I ran into the back of him !! -even though all his damage was on the side.

The insurance kept asking me if I wanted to accept 50/50 blame - I said no and agreed to go to court, with their support and legal representation

3. 5 years later, 24 hours before the court appearance, the other insurance company accepted full responsibility :D

so its worth holding out if you know you are in the right.

hope your daughter is OK

Edited by discodunc

A young lady who works with me was sat at a roundabout that has traffic lights during peak times when a taxi ran into the back of her. Despite there being a police patrol car in the queue & the pc confirming that he witnessed the accident & that the taxi driver was 100% at fault, this numpty has denied responsibility & it is now proceeding to a court case !

The mind boggles !

The taxi driver is perfectly entitled to deny responsibility as everyone is innocent until proved guilty. Your colleague, who is apparently not being prosecuted, may only have to await the outcome of the court case for the insurance settlement but the taxi driver's livelihood may be seriously affected by guilty verdict. It is highly likely that the taxi driver's insurers are funding the defence of the case as they also have a vested interest.

The taxi driver is perfectly entitled to deny responsibility as everyone is innocent until proved guilty. Your colleague, who is apparently not being prosecuted, may only have to await the outcome of the court case for the insurance settlement but the taxi driver's livelihood may be seriously affected by guilty verdict. It is highly likely that the taxi driver's insurers are funding the defence of the case as they also have a vested interest.

I find defense of lying quite a strange concept, is it a new human right?

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

I find defense of lying quite a strange concept, is it a new human right?

My understanding is that the taxi driver denied responsibility. There is no mention of anyone lying in the post to which I was responding. The only information available to forum contributors is third party anecdotal.

I looked at my motor 2. 0 tdci titainium 2008 mondeo mint condition may I say is very poorly lol but she accepted 100% blaim so hopefully my car will be repaired soon

Sorry to hear about your bit of bad luck. One thing you might have trouble with is getting your 2008 Mondeo repaired, mint or not at that age they could well right it off. ..

Defender 90  cruising along with a Coachman Laser 640/4.  :)

I would have got the traffic cops to charge her then they could be no problem with insurance, as paul b said she might change her mind

Go, tell me how you would manage that, I am really interested in your answer.

Has the revolution finally begun?

In some of the incidents mentioned, I wonder if a quicker & favourable outcome would have been facilitated if car cameras had been fitted.

The best have GPS position, speed, time, g force in 3 directions & of course HD video that reads faces & number plates as well as recording nearby chat.

It is certainly reassuring to drive around with one, though my insurer, NFU, was unwilling to offer a discounted premium.

David

Edited by Swizz

Swizz