Hobby Insurance

Rayso

Hi, I have just ordered my new 2005 Hobby 540UFe Exclusive, and I'm going to pick it up from Germany 4th Feb, my problem is finding insurance on line, If you can't click the "made in England button" they wont let you get any further. Has anyone else had this experiance, If so how do you find one sutable for Hobby's.

• 2 months later...
Guest alana6
I insure mine ( a personal import)  with the Caravan Club, they insure road legal Hobbys' which yours is.

NFU will insure and if you are old enough SAGA will.

You will not be able to get a quote via the internet, you will need to phone 01342 336610, they do not mind personal imports providing you assure them that there are UK dealers/importers. Most of the staff are aware of the Hobby dealers.

They may consult with their people first whilst you are on the phone.

Two levels of cover are offered, standard 5Cs which gives new for old for 3 years and super 5Cs which gives new for old for 10 years.

You will need the Model  and serial number of the caravan and the insurance value.

I used the German list price with the collection costs (ferry, number plates etc.) added.

5681[/snapback]

Guest alana6

:(

18274[/snapback]

Hi

Sorry to say but NFU will NOT insure Hobby's, they say they never have done.

(Even though I've been insured with them with my hobby 650 for 2 years)

They won't insure me again because I've had a cliam for my caravan been stolen.

My friend was also insured with NFU with a english van, hers was also stolen.

They pay out O. K. but told her they won't insure her again.

I've always insured mine with the Caravan Club. Done originally over the phone two years ago when new - one call. No problems at all. Took 10 minutes and Debit Card.

They always ask length, but for insurance purposes that is BODY length, NOT shipping length. And width is road-legal 2. 3m for private cars/4x4s towing.

Can't fault them.

• 14 years later...

Hi I've just purchased a single Axle hobby exclusive 540 2006 and struggling to find insurance 

23 hours ago, Lee john said:

Hi I've just purchased a single Axle hobby exclusive 540 2006 and struggling to find insurance 

Our 2006 540 is insured with CMC and it was cheaper than anywhere else.

Gordon