Service/mot Deal

Anton88

I bought my Santa Fe brand new last year. It's now had its first service. I'm now considering buying a four year service agreement including 3 MOT's for £659. Not a bad deal I thought. On phoning my Hyundai dealer this week to buy the service agreement I asked what would happen if I was involved in an accident which wrote the car off. After the dealer made a few enquiries I was told the service agreement was non transferable and non refundable. Non transferable I can understand, it's your choice to change cars. But I couldnt get my head round the non refundable part, if say an accident did happen. £659 is a lot of money to gamble with.

Is this normal for this type of service/MOT deal?

Do you think it's still a good enough deal to gamble £659?

Anton

Anton

Interesting . Does it state in any of the Advertising that the sum is non refundable or non transferable ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I bought a five year one for my Honda CRV, it saved me about £800. Then when I iused all the services I bought a three year old one, was told it was transferable. Sold the car six months later (I know) only to find it was only transferable to a PRIVATE purchaser. I part exed my car so the money was thrown away.

I would check the price of the services if paid for separately. Ignore MOTs any main dealer will do the MOT free if at same time as the service just to get the profitable service work. If it's a big saving I personally would go for it: the odds of writing the car off are hopefully small.

Also check this is one where you can go to any main dealer not just the one, in case standards slip at your current one, or you move.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

At my local garage I get an MOT and service for £129 or £150 depending on the mileage at the time. I ask for NIssan parts to be used to preserve the warranty.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't transfer the agreement, were the worst to happen, if you were to buy another santa fe from the same dealer, whether he says it transferable or not.

Even if you part-xd your current one with the same dealer in a year or so you could use the transfer of the agreement as the deal clincher with them so as not to lose your business.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

I have just bought a used 2013 Kia Sorento, and we opted for the service MOT deal.

The package, if I recall right caused us just over £500, so we decided to take it. To be honest I never thought to ask what happens if anything happens to the car. I will have to have a read of the paperwork.

So if all goes to plan we are covered up until December 2016.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

I have a service contract on my Mazda. It is fully refundable less a small cancellation charge. The contract is through Emac, who also do Ford's service contracts.

Lunar Clubman SB

Mazda CX5 Sport AWD 175 bhp

Hi,

We've bought 4 Santa Fe,s over the years from Hyundai dealers and always had service packages, our dealer has recently been bought over by Arnold Clark.

Rather than the pay monthly option they operate a pay up-front package and we were told if we got another car off of them before the package was used up they would give us a discount on a service package on the new one.

Duncan

61 Santa Fe & 2011 Bailey Olympus 624

Check the cost of getting it serviced elsewhere and then see if the dealer will price match.

I almost got talked into the service plan with the Mondeo, but they price matched my local garage which was way less than the dealer price. Saves me money over getting the upfront plan.

H.

Finding things funny since 1968 :blink:

Some rather strange replies here.

Anton, you live in the land of the yellow and black rear window stickers----DO NOT TOUCH their service contract.

Firstly, they say it's not transferrable or refundable, which one reply contradicts (salesmans tactic). They also say that it's printed in their T&Cs---they don'y have T&Cs for their service / warranty package---i know because i've tried many times to get a copy (once through ts).

Secondly, once you pay your money, there is no guarntee as to the quality of service you will receive. In my case they would not replace the brake fluid at 2 yrs old---until i got really nasty. The net is full of people who have not received proper servicing on these contracts.

As usual, do what Honk advises.

ARNOLD SHARK-----NEVER AGAIN

Thanks for all the replays folks, lots of great info.

I thought to maintain the Hyundai 5 year warranty it had to be serviced using a Hyundai garage. Can someone please advise on this?

Anton

Anton

They can't enforce that you use a dealer garage, the warranty will be preserved if original or same standard parts (OEM) are used.

H.

They can't enforce that you use a dealer garage, the warranty will be preserved if original or same standard parts (OEM) are used.

H.

Cheers H, think I'll just use an I dependant instead.

Anton

Anton

Hi, the main reason we went with main dealer is that it gives them no excuses for any warranty claims.

If you go to another garage and there's warranty issues your going to need to take it to the main dealer for the work anyway and have to prove it's been properly serviced.

As for no t&cs on the service plan,ours came with full t&c,s included and it was the service manager not the sales team that told us that they would discount a future plan if ours wasn't fully used.

We were not exactly over the moon when Arnold Clark took over the dealership but up till now they've been really good.

Duncan

We were not exactly over the moon when Arnold Clark took over the dealership but up till now they've been really good.
Duncan.

You have been one of the very few lucky ones Duncan, unless the original staff were kept on after take over.

Hi, the main reason we went with main dealer is that it gives them no excuses for any warranty claims.

Duncan

They wouldn't even carry out warranty work on my car---had to take it to another dealer!!!!!

If you get the dealer to price match the service, you get it done at the dealer with a dealer stamp in the book, no issues with warranty even if it gets done elsewhere as long as OEM parts are used.

Keep paperwork etc and it will be fine.

As for the dealer not carrying out warranty work, a letter to the manufacturer copied into the dealer should get things moving.

H.

Duncan.

You have been one of the very few lucky ones Duncan, unless the original staff were kept on after take over.

Hi,yeah all the sales staff and most of the service staff are the same.

I learned the a long time ago only buy the make of car that, that Arnold Clark garage has the franchise for e. g. wouldnt buy a Ford from aVauxhall franchise.

Duncan

The other thing to check is whether the service plan is valid at any main dealer, or just the one you're talking to.

I've heard of people losing out when the dealer went bust.