Perran Sands Cornwall

anto

Hi all

Thinking of going to this site in July

Has any one got any experience of it?

Thanks on advance

No haven haters need apply

ant

Young surfers playing music out loud all day in tents and banging on the side of the caravans at 1o'cloc in the morning on the way back from clubhouse.

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

We stayed there one Easter for 2 weeks when we used to have the tent. It was the year that Leeds had Easter school holidays 2 weeks earlier than everyone in the UK. For that reason it was rather quiet. I would suggest you pitch away from the route to the main entertainment area, thus avoiding late night revellers.

Right at the bottom of the site towards the sand dunes is rather nice.

if you go to the beach you will have to be fit. Its a hell of a steep incline going down, even harder getting back up. Not for the faint hearted. Ps you would not want to be carrying much beach gear and I would not attempt it with a pushchair. We took the kids into Peranporth to have surf lessons and its a straight walk onto the beach from there.

I would expect the town to be very busy during school holidays. It was getting busy when we were leaving.

There is plenty to do on site for a family with children, ours were in their early teens and spent a lot of time in the pool. We did not do the club, its just not our scene. I did take the kids up one night to see what was going on.

That was the year I decided we were going to get a caravan as we nearly lost the tent in some very high winds.

Just one thing to add. If you are taking a dog ( Which we did) don't let it off the lead on the sand dunes. There are a lot of adders and 1 lady lost her jack Russell down a rabbit hole never to be seen again, she was devastated.

Hope this helps, we would not personally do it again, but we tend to stick to CC sites now. ( We had a very bad experience on a large commercial site in Dorset).

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Hi Anto

We stayed at this site last year (2013) at the end of July for two weeks ( two weeks of hell) all the

Young and not so young making their way back from the club and or the beach party,s around about

5:00 a. m. ish and making all sorts of noise and the languish " well" not going into that,

The site was very nice,bit of a walk to the beach but a very nice beach lots of room oh don't sit near the beach warden,s they are just, ,,,well just keep away from them!

Thanks for all your replys must admit your not really selling it to me pity because the location looks great

Thanks again

ant

Just down the road towards Perranporth there is a commercial site along a road on the left near the bottom of the hill. Not an all singing all dancing site like the sands but better placed for the beach etc and the climb from town not too bad. Site is terraced and UHU is, I believe, available, as are showers and toilets. Used to stay here with the tent.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Have a look at Holywell Bay. ..we haven't been for years but the location is good and my cousin's taken her whole family there the last couple of years with no complaints!

Just a thought.

HTH,

G.

Depends what you are after. If you want the view and don't want to go too far down into Cornwall try this

http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/caravanclubapps/applications/uk-caravan-sites-and-parks/SiteDetails. aspx?csid=22005

Beautiful place. Spent 3yrs trying to get booked in there!!

Have looked at various options and suggestion's

Holywell bay booked up

Milkymarsh your site is beautiful but will have to wait till 3 teenage boys have fled the nest

Trevella/pentewan sands/hendra nearly 3 times the cost

Will keep looking thanks all

Ant

ant