Damp Matteress

MOTO10

has any one had a repeat off damp matteress on s2 unicorns had mine recovered in april now damp again

Looked at a bailey Pagean today and it had a line of droplets going across the roof in several places, all in a neat line, say 1 1/2 inches wide???? 3 ft apart??????

I had my mattress changed for the second time on 12/9/2013 as the replacement mattress had never been less than 15% damp even after this fine summer. When I removed the plastic bag the next mattress still registered 15% when other furnishings are 5%. Checked it again & it was over 30%. Replaced again just before Christmas, seems ok at present. Third time lucky perhaps.

Bailey Unicorn Valencia S2 & BMW E61 530i

Belfield have re-covered ours twice with no hassle and no quibble. They had a fantastic turn around time and we could not have asked for more.

Fingers crossed this time the mattress stays dry.

PS S1 Unicorn.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Hi

I have just been to Belfields to wait while our Unicorn Valencia II, built in October 2012 mattress was recovered.

Really helpful staff and while there I discovered there have been 2 materials they have used to cover these unicorn mattress,s unfortunately both held the damp. They didn't know about the second material until they started to use it to replace the initial material. That's why some people have experienced damp material on more than one occasion. They are now recovering with a tried and trusted material.

They probably had 30-40 mattress,s waiting to be re-covered.

If you live close to Derby would recommend taking your mattress in yourselves and waiting. Took less than an hour and nice to see the recovering process, very friendly staff.

Either way don't hesitate on getting your mattress checked out and rectified.

All you need to do is ask your dealer for a claim number which they get from bailey as bailey know which material was used on your specific van.

Hope this helps!

Hi

I have just been to Belfields to wait while our Unicorn Valencia II, built in October 2012 mattress was recovered.

Really helpful staff and while there I discovered there have been 2 materials they have used to cover these unicorn mattress,s unfortunately both held the damp. They didn't know about the second material until they started to use it to replace the initial material. That's why some people have experienced damp material on more than one occasion. They are now recovering with a tried and trusted material.

They probably had 30-40 mattress,s waiting to be re-covered.

If you live close to Derby would recommend taking your mattress in yourselves and waiting. Took less than an hour and nice to see the recovering process, very friendly staff.

Either way don't hesitate on getting your mattress checked out and rectified.

All you need to do is ask your dealer for a claim number which they get from bailey as bailey know which material was used on your specific van.

Hope this helps!

Just out of curiosity. What leaf design has the mattress now got. We had ours returned Last Tuesday. I have had 3 different leaf designs. I only hope this one is ok. PS They have been great with us at Belfield. A big well done to them for getting things sorted.

Mitsubishi Shogun 3. 2 SG3 197 BHP, 2014, Auto in White . Looking for a 7m German caravan.

Hi

That's a great question - as thats how Belfields staff know for sure which material they do not have problems with.

I have attached a photo of my nice dry newly covered mattress.

I am not saying this is the only pattern that is dry but this pattern definitely is.

Hope this image comes out ok.

post-64773-0-62732900-1390655046_thumb.jpg

Thanks Papa nurse for the picture, it came out fine.

Also I must add that our newly covered mattress is of the same pattern as yours. Lets hope that this is the end of the damp mattress saga. Again. a BIG WELL DONE to all at Belfield for the professional approach to the problems we were having.

Thanks for the above picture I'm awaiting return of our mattress for our bailey orion, remember someone mentioning the leaf pattern, will see if its the same on ours when returned unless of course Orion's are covered in different leaf design.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my mattress to dealer this week and was told they are now being replaced rather than recovered. about a 2 week turnaround apparently. We'll see. .

Sent my mattress to dealer this week and was told they are now being replaced rather than recovered. about a 2 week turnaround apparently. We'll see. .

Your quite right as we have just had call from dealer to say mattress back and it is a totally new mattress and not just a recovered one. Took 10 days, put meter on it and reading O. Hope it stays that way.

Dealer had 2 vans on his lot with damp mattresses that he was planning to send shortly

Just checked my Rimmini out, damp readings of over 80% on both single mattresses. 2012 model but purchased in 2013 so off to the dealers I will go.

2016 Lunar Quasar 554, tugged by Honda CR-V.

the material pattern that papa nurse's picture shows should be the correct covering for a damp free mattress, any we have had come back with this different design have been fine ever since :)

My dealer contacted Baileys who were of little help apparently because my dealer was not a Bailey one, then :) Bellfields who were much more helpful and they have arranged full replacement directly to myself and collection of the original ones, hopefully a result.

• 2 weeks later...

Update. ..replacement mattress arrived today and refitted to van. end of story. Hopefully

I am surprised this issue is still prevalent. I bought a 12 month old Orion in Oct 2012 and found the mattress to be lumpy, due to misuse or poor storage? So had it replaced. Sadly it was at a time that the 'damp mattress' saga became known and my lumpy but dry mattress was replaced by a smooth but damp one. The second replacement has been brilliant and trouble free and Belfield has been nothing less than superb, but that was back in Feb 2012. Are all the present problems related to 12 months ago or are the mattresses still being produced with damp retaining coverings?

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4

Still awaiting delivery of new mattresses and collection of the original wet ones, promised for this week so far. My original ones were sealed in the bags until last May but were from 2012, some still had issues with recovered ones which is possibly why they are sending out new stock now.

Put mine back in the van and will go in the weekend and see if it is dry. Incidentally having had the mattress out of the van for a fortnight it was a very 'dry'atmosphere when I went in. Shows hom the mattress controls the humidity.

Hows that song go? I'm still waiting, yeh yeh yeh. come on Bellfields, get your finger out I want to use my van.

Hows that song go? I'm still waiting, yeh yeh yeh. come on Bellfields, get your finger out I want to use my van.

Ring then a. m. Friday, (they don't work p. m.). They will tell you exactly the position.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Dinot see your post in time for today, i hav rang them the last 3 weeks and still no return call as promised, starting to panic now as away in 2 weeks and mattresses have been wrapped in a plastic bag for the last 2 weeks already so may have to get them indoor to try to dry out if thry dont get the new ones out soon.

Dinot see your post in time for today, i hav rang them the last 3 weeks and still no return call as promised, starting to panic now as away in 2 weeks and mattresses have been wrapped in a plastic bag for the last 2 weeks already so may have to get them indoor to try to dry out if thry dont get the new ones out soon.

You have to send the old ones back so that they can be recovered!!!!!!!

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Hi John, no mate, they have said they will arrange for collection and delivery of new ones when they have made them, probably because there are two singles it is taking a bit longer, they have sent the plastic bag to put them in and advised me to call them to arrange collection and delivery but still awaiting their call back even though I have contacted then three times now.

Such a shame when things dont go to plan.

Don.