Damp/ Bathroom Floor

gaz

my friend is buying a Elddis super scirroco from a dealer,the floor has signs od delamination,the dealer said they will inject glue into the wood to solve it,is this normal? will this sort the problem out long term,as hes paying £9,500 for it,my advice I gave him was walk away but he loves the van,so hes put a £500 deposit on it,they are quite a few things that need sorted,damp on side wall,bathroomn door not fitting correctly,etc,the dealer did say he would sort all the problems,but I thought the van isn't a immaculate to start with and they are nicer examplkes out there,whats your opinions on the floor etc,thanks in advance.

If it is delamination on the floor,injecting a resin is the way to rectify it.

The bigger worry is damp on the wall, wherever it is.

Best advice WALK AWAY.

At that price WALK AWAY and say goodbye to his deposit.

At £900 I would still walk away. He might seriously live to regret it but it sounds like he may ignore any advice.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

If it is delamination on the floor,injecting a resin is the way to rectify it.

The bigger worry is damp on the wall, wherever it is.

Best advice WALK AWAY.

I second that,, floor delamination is easy to repair, I done mine at Christmas, however with damp in the walls and the other problems I would walk away, £9. 500 is a lot of money and I am sure he could get a better one for that sort of money

Walk away, there will be plenty of others out there to pick from.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

i agree walk away unless he's getting SERIOUS discount!

Compass Shadow 1988

he went to Lancashire to look at it from Newcastle,he rang me for advice,i told him to come back home and keep looking,he then rang me to say he bought it.

forgot to say hes getting no discount,hes also paying £299 for years warranty and a service

in the dealers defence, he is willing to repair it, he hasn't tried to hide the fact the issues are there, though in saying that, I don't see why you would put a van up for sale with obvious water ingress faults and delamination without repairing them first.

Asking for a large discount would only apply if the dealer was to sell the van as a "trade sale" sort of "sold as seen" if you will, I cant see a dealer willing to heavily discount a van AND repair it.

He's had sound advice from you and chosen to ignore it, then it's up to him.

Just don't say I told you so to him if he has ongoing problems and avoid giving him advice in the future.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

For that money he can have my Bailey 624 2010 . ....

Shogun SWB, Adria Isonzo +Dwt Paradies 280 . ... 78% match. Pitchin next to you sometime. ..!!!!

We might see him on here for advice on repairs :)

in the dealers defence, he is willing to repair it, he hasn't tried to hide the fact the issues are there, though in saying that, I don't see why you would put a van up for sale with obvious water ingress faults and delamination without repairing them first.

Asking for a large discount would only apply if the dealer was to sell the van as a "trade sale" sort of "sold as seen" if you will, I cant see a dealer willing to heavily discount a van AND repair it.

I agree, I meant discount as in "sold as seen" type sale so he could then use the discount to fix it himself or get it fixed.

Compass Shadow 1988