Even After Everyones Moans, One Dealer Has Responded...

silverfoxapparently

I cannot believe it.

I emailled Hobby on monday asking about buying a new caravan, and about warranty matters. Pretty much the same as the other brand.

No reply yet.

Who will reply?

Ive checked my outbox, spam folder, inbox settings; I get emails from other people, etc. so its not my email account.

This is my email:-

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to enquire about the warranty on a new Hobby caravan, should I purchase one.

I have a number of questions, and for simplicity I have written them in a list below:-

1) How long is the water ingress warranty, and the component warranty?

2) I reside in Essex. If a warranty matter arises, would I be required to take the caravan to the supplying dealer? Could I take it to a Hobby motorhome dealer (there is one shown in Kent).

3) How do I obtain a price list of the caravans, and a price list of all the available options and accessories?

4) What is the average lead time on a new order of a standard caravan, and one that has optional extras fitted (alde heating, underfloor heating, etc.)

Thank you for taking time to read my email. I am seriously in the market of buying a new caravan, but residing such distance from Belper we must check these things before making a visit.

I look forward to your reply with enthusiasm.

Send it again, it may of gone into someone's spam, may not even of got there, or the person who deals with it may not even be at work.

Send it again and follow it with a phone call a few days later.

With our business, sometimes we get irate emails from customers who claim they have sent an email which we have not responded to, then its trawling through all the spam to see if its gone in there. Sometimes for whatever reason it has done.

I think my Guardian Angel Drinks.

You might have to ring them up: I know you shouldn't have to but some companies just don't get emails. How they exist in this world is a mystery.

I wanted to know if Elddis would honour warranty if I tow with a pick up. (I do.) They have a Twitter account so I sent a Tweet. It took a while but I got a reply with a link to their warranty web page saying no commercials. Yetserday I tweeted asking if my D Max would be classed as commercial. No reply yet but I expect i may get one when it suits them. Makes me wonder why they have a Twitter account.

Emailed Eterniti: got a quick friendly and helpful reply the same day.

Emailed Fifth Wheel Company at the weekend, got a full helpful and friendly response first thing Monday morning.

This is the age of the internet: most initial searches (cars, caravans, property and a lot of other things) are done online. If interest is peaked the usual response is to send an email. If companies aren't geared up to respond to that it may cost them a lot of business.

Hobby are apparently Europe's biggest caravan manufacturer but it seems they don't take the UK market very seriously for some reason. I flirted with the idea but the totally useless website killed my initial enthusiasm stone dead. A serious lack of detail including all the points that silverfoxapparently raises.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

I wanted to know if Elddis would honour warranty if I tow with a pick up. (I do.) They have a Twitter account so I sent a Tweet. It took a while but I got a reply with a link to their warranty web page saying no commercials. Yetserday I tweeted asking if my D Max would be classed as commercial. No reply yet but I expect i may get one when it suits them.

I asked the same question Elddis emailed back a private 4x4 pickup is no problem.

I have purposefuly avoided the telephone.

For one, I am a busy new Dad and seldom have the time to make a call. Email when my cherub is in bed is far easier.

It is 2014.

Also, if its not written down then it didnt happen.

I dont want empty sales promises in aural delight, I want facts.

Hobby, I also now bid you farewell. ....

And im a busy single parent with 4 kids, a business, one kid in and out of hospital like a yoyo, another just wrecked his liver, yet even I find time to email and follow up with a phone call so i can refer to said email sent.

Sorry, your post kinda annoyed me.

I asked the same question Elddis emailed back a private 4x4 pickup is no problem.

Perhaps I'll get the same answer on twitter. A while back a member asked them and was told pick up a no no.

Isuzu D Max pulling Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Bailey Autograph 740 MH: Isuzu for sale LOL

And im a busy single parent with 4 kids, a business, one kid in and out of hospital like a yoyo, another just wrecked his liver, yet even I find time to email and follow up with a phone call so i can refer to said email sent.

Sorry, your post kinda annoyed me.

Dont apologise, youre entitled to your opinion. Many people died for such a privilege.

In fact I commend you and wonder how you manage.

But back on topic, like I said, if its not written down. ..

Perhaps I'll get the same answer on twitter. A while back a member asked them and was told pick up a no no.

Could be that a lot of pickups have leaf spring rear suspension?

If so, if the pick up has hydraulic suspension then it would be the same as a 4x4 car.

Its not splitting hairs, its a technical fact. Worth asking them?

Dont apologise, youre entitled to your opinion. Many people died for such a privilege.

In fact I commend you and wonder how you manage.

But back on topic, like I said, if its not written down. ..

1. True, if its not written down it wasnt said. BUT, if you send an email then follow it up with a phone call, you can refer back to the email you sent them and anything they say you ask them to confirm it in writing and ask if they can do it then so they dont forget. As always, you get a name.

2. Yes, people died for the privilege of me being able to have an opinion. .. For that i am grateful.

3. When a new baby is asleep, that is the best time to make calls/ email etcc. .. If you are quiet around a sleeping baby, then it will struggle to get to sleep as it gets older as its only used to quiet. That is my opinion only.

4. How i manage is that i do what has to be done. No Cat footing around, No point. sending one email and getting no reply after 3 days is not a cause for whining on a forum i believe, especially since you wont call them to check they did get your email. If however you had sent several emails and each had been met with silence, then i would whinge all over the place about it.

5. Yup its great if you email and get a reply within miliseconds, or even 24/48 hours. ... but you are not to know what is going on at the other end of the internet highway.

6. If one of my customers calls me in regards to an order they want ammending or for any information, i will then follow what i say with an email .

7. Being one half of a two person business, it can get quite busy and sometimes it can take me a couple of days to reply to an email.

So, i think you are wrong in your attitude after sending one email and no reply after 3 days. Plus refuseing to call them or even email them again. Sometimes one email can get lost in the hundreds that arrive. I can spend 2/3 hours a night just replying to emails when we are really busy. Thats if ive been too busy to reply to them during the working day.

As anyone knows who runs their own business, we dont work the usual 9 to 5.

Anyway, just my tired brains tuppence worth

Surprised you find time to write on here. ...sympathy seeking?

Like you, I'm already regretting writing this :-)

Words fail me. Just as well.

Edited by Georgiegal

So what is plan B when no one replies and you refuse to call them :)

You did make me lol for real.

Well, I think I will do the rounds with the telephone calls and then follow up with an email. I think its fairly handy for the board users to see my experiences.

Im just a 'punter' looking for a good van. No hidden agenda. No ninja. Just a 32yr old after his first new new van.

Who is "you"?

It helps if you reply with a 'quote' or reference. Otherwise your post could be misunderstood.

In the past when i've had no response from a company, i've found out who their MD is & emailed them direct. Its pretty easy if you know the name of the person it will be the same @companyname. com as the enquiries email address.

You may need a few goes at getting it right as they will often use just their initial & not full name in the address, but 3 or 4 hits & you usually succeed. Surprising how much of a response you get when you contact the big chief.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Some of them make money on their pseudo premium rate number when you phone them ?

Land Rover is now back towing.

In the past when i've had no response from a company, i've found out who their MD is & emailed them direct. Its pretty easy if you know the name of the person it will be the same @companyname. com as the enquiries email address.

You may need a few goes at getting it right as they will often use just their initial & not full name in the address, but 3 or 4 hits & you usually succeed. Surprising how much of a response you get when you contact the big chief.

Hi Woodie. Seemingly that is not the case with one MD in particular ;). I was actually beginning to think that one forum member should actually address the E'mail back-to-front :rolleyes:.

Life in general can be a journey of chance with some winners and sadly some losers. Your outfit can never be left to chance. A short-while carrying out essential checks can ensure a long-time of happy & safe caravanning for all concerned.
Ignorance can often be bliss but is certainly not an excuse and when continually disregarded they can be totally disastrous for oneself and the innocent parties.

So what is plan B when no one replies and you refuse to call them :)

Buy a tent! :)

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6