Cylinder Exchange Policy

Calor Gas Jodie

Good morning all,

We hope you enjoyed the festive period and are sticking to your new year's resolutions!

After many questions from our customers, and from the caravanning community regarding the disappearance of our cylinder exchange policy, I am happy to announce that we have redesigned the policy and it is now live on Calor Exchange Policy in the customer services section.

In light of the recent comments regarding difficulties in exchanging for the Calor Lite, we do have an availability issue that is ongoing and we're currently trying to rectify with further investment, but our stockists should be willing to make an exchange for the Calor Lite should they have stock, if the empty cylinder you are trying to exchange is either a 7kg Butane, 6kg Propane or 6kg Calor Lite.

If you are experiencing difficulties with exchanging a cylinder for a Calor Lite, when a stockist has stock of the Calor Lite cylinder, please privately message us with details, and we will try to help in anyway we can.

Thanks,

Jodie

Well put Jodie. ...perhaps if our Forum readers who are having problems were to print out this reply and take it with them??

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Well put Jodie. ...perhaps if our Forum readers who are having problems were to print out this reply and take it with them??

geoff

Hi Geoff,

If you or any forum members are having difficulty with this then you can take a copy of this response into the stockist, or alternatively send us a message with details and we can investigate the incident ourselves. Although Calor Lite availability is limited at the moment, if there is stock, it is still subject to an exchange with any group B cylinder.

Please do let us know if we can help in any other way,

Jodie

• 3 months later...

so has the exchange policy now changed? If you click the link it now shows 'lite' in a class of its own. .'C'. I'm very annoyed if this is the case because I bought 2 'lites' when I got the caravan and recently found no lights were in stock anywhere within a reasonable distance including 2 main Calor Centres but was assured that normal 6kg can be exchanged for lites as and when they come into stock. ..now it would seem I have been duped. :angry:

Hi Geoff,

If you or any forum members are having difficulty with this then you can take a copy of this response into the stockist, or alternatively send us a message with details and we can investigate the incident ourselves. Although Calor Lite availability is limited at the moment, if there is stock, it is still subject to an exchange with any group B cylinder.

Please do let us know if we can help in any other way,

Jodie

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Hi Jodie

I have just exchanged my empty calour lite for a full one and my stockist warned me not to accept a standard bottle in exchange if i run out again. He advised me that the new policy is not to swap back to a light bottle without a new loan agreement at £35.

Swift Freestyle S6 TD Pulled by a Land Rover Discovery 3 or SWMBO's Freelander 2.

Hi Jodie

I have just exchanged my empty calour lite for a full one and my stockist warned me not to accept a standard bottle in exchange if i run out again. He advised me that the new policy is not to swap back to a light bottle without a new loan agreement at £35.

I Think Jodie needs the details via a PM

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Oh great!

Thanks a lot Calor, I am now stuck with 2 steel bottles or pay £70 to swap back to what I had. What a fantastic way of doing business!

The sooner Calor lose their foothold the better and this is a fantastic way of doing it.

I got duped too. I had 2 lites and now have 1 lite and one standard 6kg as the CC site didnt have any lights. ..

Im not sure why Calor are doing this to us. I've used them for 25 years but I've ended up with an empty 3. 5 that I couldnt swap back to a 6kg a couple of years ago and now this. Shoddy way to treat customers and I guess they just want shut of their caravan customers. I'll never use them again I'm going to look at alternatives

Simon

Simon & Michelle + Logan the spaniel, 2016 Sterling Elite 480, 2015 Volvo V70 D4 SE Lux auto, Devon

I think this still applies unless Jodie can bring us up to date. ......

Quote; If you are experiencing difficulties with exchanging a cylinder for a Calor Lite, when a stockist has stock of the Calor Lite cylinder, please privately message us with details, and we will try to help in anyway we can.

Thanks,

Jodie

I think this still applies unless Jodie can bring us up to date. ......

Quote; If you are experiencing difficulties with exchanging a cylinder for a Calor Lite, when a stockist has stock of the Calor Lite cylinder, please privately message us with details, and we will try to help in anyway we can.

Thanks,

Jodie

problem is, she's not been on this site since February!

Have you looked at the link on what can be exchanged for what? It has changed!

There are now three groups and a 6Kg lightweight is now in a group all on its own, so you can't exchange it for anything else or anything else for it, so if there is no stock on a 6Kg light then tough.

Has the revolution finally begun?

• 8 months later...

There are now 5 groups to choose from. I think when my calor are empty I may change to a different supplier!

Retirement, the best job I've ever had. The only problem is, I don't get a day off.       I'm not paranoid, they ARE out to get me.

You know you're an intellectual when you hear The William Tell Overture and you don't think of the Lone Ranger.

I have 3 Calor Lites. When I go away for a long break I take 2 full bottles and leave the part used bottle behind. Because I have 3, I have not been forced to exchange my Lite for a standard bottle. Recently I benefitted from being given 2 free replacements under their recall arrangement and for that I am thankful. Like a lot of caravanners, I don't actually use much gas per year, but the messing about with calor lite and the arguments I've had with retailers about over pricing, bottles that are not full, and availability! I do not want to buy Calor gas any more.

Ern

Flogas, no cylinder rental needed and £17 for the same size as the lite.

Yes it is heavier, I would rather stick the hook up cable in the car than pay Calor any more money!

Deleted by KB

Edited by kiaboy

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

Flogas, no cylinder rental needed and £17 for the same size as the lite.

Plus £30. 62? https://www. flogas. co. uk/prod/6kg-propane-gas

Or have I misread something?

Edited by Pebble

2019 Adria Adora Thames

Plus £30. 62? https://www. flogas. co. uk/prod/6kg-propane-gas

Or have I misread something?

I got mine through Gasdeal, no empty cyclinder needed. Try the builders merchants too, my local one doesn't ask for a replacement either.

Mine comes from trade merchants. .about £18 for 11kg.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

• 3 months later...

Rang the Calor regional depot this morning to ask about changing over fron 6 kg Steel to Calor lite. The website advised that there would be a refund against the steel bottle.

The chap at the depot said. ..separate agreement buy a new bottle £44. 95 and £23. 50 on top to fill it. No refund against steel bottle as they had in sufficient stock of Lites, but they had enough stock to sell me one! Stick with steel I think.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Just exchanged my 7Kg (Steel) for 6Kg propane (Steel) but find it really annoying to see that the lite refill is more than the steel, why is that I wonder, is it different gas used??? :unsure: Don't think so. ..

Calor already have the deposit for the bottle for whichever bottle you have, so the cost of refurbishing, testing and refilling should be the same whatever bottle you have shouldn't it??

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: Any reason?

Yes, they assured me I could have a steel then change back to lites as soon as they became available. Knowing full well they had a severe shortage of lites they then proceeded to change the exchange policy so that steel could no longer be exchanged for a lite bottle.

To get the lite bottles back I had to take out a new agreement at £35 each. So to get back what I had meant paying Calor £70. I find this sneaky at best and fraudulent at worse.

To treat customers this way can only be done by a company with a stranglehold on the market. After talking to various suppliers it is also clear that Calors practice with regards to the competition is harsh with them refusing to supply any retailer that will also sell competitors gas.

The sooner they realise there are other suppliers, the better!

• Gordon unpinned this topic