Another Stopover Question - Langres This Time!

Hi everyone!

We are travelling to the South of France this August and need an overnighter - does anyone know any decent sites around Langres that are fairly close to the Toll road?

Cheers, Tom

Why not at Langres itself? At the municipal site, Camping Navarre - a picturesque location by the ramparts - and with good facilities. But it's popular and I don't think they take bookings, so aim to get there by 4 pm if you can in the summer season, and certainly no later than 5pm as it fills up fast. I'll say no more as you find lots of reviews on line if you Google it.

The Municipal at Langres is quite unique being on the ramparts and only a short walk into the town. An alternative might be Lac de la Liez at Peigney which is nearby.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

The municipal at Arc-en-Barrois is about 12 kilometres from the A5 motorway, junction 24, in a peaceful and quiet village. It is an unattended site and a warden calls in the early morning or evening to collect your €12 or so. The site is very well cared for and the village has a small supermarket, restaurant and other facilities within 5 minutes walk. As I've said before it's very quiet, even when we stayed overnight in the middle of August.

I have walked through the municipal site in Langres during the day and didn't get very positive vibes from the feel of it. It felt very open with the general public being allowed to walk through it on a walk around the ramparts. Langres is an interesting town though and the ramparts are impressive.

John.

Edited by John19

Camping Hautereille near Langres is recommended. We spent a week there last year and we're really pleased with the whole site. Only downside is that is used by the Dutch guys as an overnight stop and gets very busy from about 4pm

I think you would be taking a risk to expect a place on the ramparts site - it's not very big.

We stopped at Peigny last year - Lac de la Liez . This is a terraced site on the banks of the lake. Not far from the motorway and with easy access. They have a restaurant (didn't use it but it looked fine) which might be useful if overnighting. You can pay for the Internet which was useless!

If you can get a spot at the far end of the site backing onto the lake there's plenty of space. Our neighbour was only stopping for the night and was quickly away in the morning. Some of the emplacements seemed very tight in other areas but for a single night should be no problem - roads throughout the site are metalled and present no problems for large 'van.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Thanks everyone!!

I'm going to need something I can book as we're on a tight schedule and have actually stayed at Lac Du Liez before - reckon that'll be the best option with two young kids.

Cheers, Tom

Another vote for Camping Hautereille free wifi and a nice resteraunt, we use it as a stop over and for that it's fine.

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Another vote for Camping Hautereille free wifi and a nice resteraunt, we use it as a stop over and for that it's fine.

Looks good but no pool to keep the kids happy, or is there one?

Cheers, Tom

Nope no pool, our kids just play on their scooters / bikes for 1 night. We generally get there 4ish and we are off again at 8ish so it's a quick bite to eat in the restaurant and a beer then bed ;)

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night