Condensation On Window Frames

Benfica

Just had a first three day trip away in winter conditions, -3 on one night, and found problems with condensation/water collecting on the window frames of my 2011 Pegasus 554 overnight. I notice that when the inner plastic surround of the window is prised away ( it is a very loose fit) there is a 1/2 inch gape between the exposed top of the insulation ( no capping here ) and the actual window frame. This on all widows. Has anyone else experienced this and is it normal?

Also when I arrived on site I found that the wall of the van, where the transverse mattress was not quite touching the wall, was wet. This was directly above the hatch door. I dried this out and whilst on site it did not reoccur. Possible leaking through the hatch door??

Couple of windows on night vent will sort this out.

Agree and leave the heating on.

Sadly no van anymore but 35 years was a good run

John

Agree and leave the heating on.

Agree, and a 30 second wipe around with a microfibres cloth in the morning helps things massively as well

This type of condensation has occurred in caravans in Winter conditions from time immemorial and is easily remedied by following the above suggestions.

Thanks folks. I just didn't expect it as I don't remember having any problems on my four previous vans (Knowsley Continental,Knaus, Swift and Bailey Senator)but then I did not caravan in any really cold weather. None of these vans had flush fit windows whether that made a difference I don't know. Thats the Knowsley on my header 1973 with Bofors double glazing.

Thanks folks. I just didn't expect it as I don't remember having any problems on my four previous vans (Knowsley Continental,Knaus, Swift and Bailey Senator)but then I did not caravan in any really cold weather. None of these vans had flush fit windows whether that made a difference I don't know. Thats the Knowsley on my header 1973 with Bofors double glazing.

You need air and warmth to help prevent condensation Hence why the none flush windows helped with out you knowing

I too would have been surprised. Not experienced condensation since having plastic windows instead of glass. Are there many in the 'van

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES