Muddy Ground

pompeyjazz

What experiences do you have with using a Power Touch mover on muddy ground ? We hope to get away next week but the storage site where my caravan is is sodden to say the least. I need to move the van approx 20 metres to get the hitch over a hard surface from where I will be able to hitch up.

I find mines OK even when the ground is really soggy - the only time it's slipped is when the tyres have been a bit soft so get them properly inflated. It does help to put a plank under the jockey wheel to stop it digging in

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

If you have a large inflatable jockey wheel it is even better. ....

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Likewise I've never in 7 years had a problem even on muddy ground.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

+1 The movers worked ok but the Jockey wheel acted like a plough,

digging itself in. Changing to a pneumatic tyre helped.

I did use old carpet runners under the wheels on one site, but you must

have a disposal plan i. e something to bag and take them away in.

+2. I used our power touch mover last winter to get the van off a CL site which had approx. 2" of snow which had thawed, laying on top of very wet mud. The car (Mondeo estate at the time) was sliding everywhere, so I used the mover to travel the 70 metres or so across the snow & mud onto the access road. See attached pic.

As mentioned the jockey wheel was a pain but I managed by using 2 x decking boards I carry for van levelling to run the jockey wheel along. No problem - other than a very dirty van and car !!

Cheers

Steve

post-46500-0-19007300-1390423302_thumb.jpg

+2. I used our power touch mover last winter to get the van off a CL site which had approx. 2" of snow which had thawed, laying on top of very wet mud. The car (Mondeo estate at the time) was sliding everywhere, so I used the mover to travel the 70 metres or so across the snow & mud onto the access road. See attached pic.

As mentioned the jockey wheel was a pain but I managed by using 2 x decking boards I carry for van levelling to run the jockey wheel along. No problem - other than a very dirty van and car !!

Cheers

Steve

Very similar experience with the occasion when I got stuck a couple of years ago. The mover got the 'van across the dodgy ground, where the car just wasn't interested. I vowed to buy an inflatable jockey wheel but have yet to do so. But for the mover we would have required assistance (and there was no one around at the time).

You shouldn't have any difficulty pompeyjazz, provided your battery is reasonably well charged beforehand.

Swift Challenger 565 2016 and Ford Kuga Titanium X TDCi

What experiences do you have with using a Power Touch mover on muddy ground ? We hope to get away next week but the storage site where my caravan is is sodden to say the least. I need to move the van approx 20 metres to get the hitch over a hard surface from where I will be able to hitch up.

I was at the Peterborough show 2 years ago which was a complete washout. When people tried to leave nobody could move without tractor assistance. My twin axle movers not only moved the caravan but also pushed my Sprinter down the field. Unfortunately I ran out of battery before making it to the road so I had to be dragged off too. You shouldn't,t have a problem.

Ap